Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). MIDI switcher / controller - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

MIDI switcher / controller

I’m just putting the final touches on my new (slightly downsized) board with a GigRig G3 as the main controller. 

I have quite a few pedals that have the ability to save presets via MIDI but don’t have screens and would like something to make scrolling up and down them and saving easier. 

The G3 will be great for programming and using for playing our set but it’s not the best for managing a few pedals with MIDI presets if you want to have instant access / scroll through them. 

Previously I had an MC8 which was great but having that and a G3 on one board was just silly. 

What I think I need, is something where you can select MIDI channel 1 for example and scroll up or down the PC numbers then the same with channel 2 and so on. I don’t need to be able to do multiple changes / presets 

I was looking at the one control gecko as an option, does anyone have any experience with it? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 593
    I haven't used the Gecko but the Morningstar MC3 is worth a look. Compact, straightforward to use and could easily do what you are looking to do. Unfortunately, they are rare as a very rare thing..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • keirkeir Frets: 132
    Beexter said:
    I haven't used the Gecko but the Morningstar MC3 is worth a look. Compact, straightforward to use and could easily do what you are looking to do. Unfortunately, they are rare as a very rare thing..

I had thought about an MC3 but they are very rare these days, I saw Morningstar say they don’t know when they will go back into production due to chip shortages too. 

Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4680
    I've got a Disaster Area Micro Switch, but (I think) it doesn't switch channels.