Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wits end, source of click when playing - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wits end, source of click when playing

From the depths of Satans bumcrack Ive had a click appear, its driving me to distraction. Equipment is iMac, Motu 8 Pre as ADAT into Audient ID14 Mk2.
So far I have tried every combination of different guitars, DAW (Ableton and Reaper) Digitakt as an audio interface, instrument cables, inputs, clock settings(currently at 48), buffer sizes, plugins, output from the headphone jack in iMac and speaker cables. Ive essentially isolated every piece of kit and its still there.

This only happens after I strum something, with no input theres nothing audible in the way of a very faint click that could be amplified and nothing shows in the EQ meter in Ableton. The only clue I have is that its always on the right channel.

If anyone has any ideas what this could be Im all ears as I have ran out of patience.

https://youtu.be/ID9-ssvdhJY

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    Have you checked the master / slave setting for the ADAT ... that can cause noise and clicking 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Danny1969 said:
    Have you checked the master / slave setting for the ADAT ... that can cause noise and clicking 
    it was still happening even if I plugged straight into the Audient with the Motu turned off so I removed the optical cable and it disappeared but Im still getting a crackle from the right channel. 
    Now the odd thing is Ive just read the manual and theres 2 optical outs, Ive always used the bottom one since Ive had it without any issues, in the manual it says the top out is for 44.1 and 48 the bottom for 88.2 and 96, switched to the top and its back again. Lots of swear words...........

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2124
    Are you recording DI guitar and then using a software amp simulator? 
  • Stuckfast said:
    Are you recording DI guitar and then using a software amp simulator? 
    I am/was but the problem has now been paid to go away. Bought a new interface