Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Townes Van Zandt - Lungs - Plug My Stuff Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Townes Van Zandt - Lungs

I had a few hours free this weekend so I got down to covering one of my favourite folk songs; Lungs by Townes Van Zandt.

I think like many folk songs, the resonator is an excellent platform for this and adds alot of soul, even without the slide.

The original plan was to record this on resonator guitar only, but I got carried away and ended up adding in some mandolin, Baritone guitar and cajon.

I've had the Michael Messer Lightning (MM#29) for a few months now, it's become my go to instrument for covers, open mics, parties, the works. Can't put it down!

Thanks for listening!
Ste

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Wow, that is fantastic, you are a very talented chap
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Thanks so much! Hoping to start gigging with an acoustic blues set this year so it's great to get the feedback :) thanks!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter