Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Simple midi splitter/thru - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Simple midi splitter/thru

I'm looking for a simple way to connect two pedals with DIN5 midi in jack (but no midi thru option) to the same midi controller. 
I'm aware that there are dedicated midi thru boxes/midi splitter boxes (and I am already using one of those in a different context), but I guess their secret lies in also being able to power devices through midi, something that's probably more important in the world of synths, but doesn't play a role for effect pedals. Therefore, I was wondering whether for the simple task of splitting one midi signal to two different pedals something like this is sufficient: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-SmartPhone-Headphone-keyboard-synthesizer/dp/B07C4S1Z93/ref=sr_1_5?crid=Y1CHQ3M8XUA6&keywords=midi+splitter+cable&qid=1674601503&sprefix=midi+splitter+cable,aps,107&sr=8-5

What's everyone verdict? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments