Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Helix Native Presets Issue - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Helix Native Presets Issue

What's Hot
Ive already posted this on the Line 6 forum but havent really found a solution. Some guy said I must have renamed the folders, I havent.

Ive got an odd problem with Native showing two different options/names for presets in separate projects/instances of Native I have going at the mo. The example is as follows

Project 1 has all my user created presets listed at the end of the factory presets in folders named as "USER 3,4,5" etc in the dropdown

Project 2 has none of my created presets and at the end of the factory preset instead the folder its listed as "Setlist 3,4,5" in the dropdown which are all empty

So far I have uninstalled and re-installed Native, no change, same behaviour 

Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution?

Its pretty frustrating as I can only use that one project to access anything Ive stored or created myself. 

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited January 2023
    I'm not sure I 100% understand the problem. But here's a thought. Not sure if it helps. Apologies if I've misunderstood.

Have you tried the following using the instance in Project 1, which I assume is what you want?

Firstly back it up as described in the update procedure for Helix Native below:-

"Before updating Helix Native, it is highly recommended that you export a preset/setlist bundle. Click the gear icon in the lower left, select the Presets/IRs tab, and then click Export Bundle."

I'm always super cautious about losing stuff. You might want to add the time to the name as I show in the picture at the end of this post. A new name is created every day but (as an extra safety measure) you might wish to ensure that you don't accidentally overwrite that file, especially if you've exporting and importing things on the same day.

After you've done that: For the instance in project 2, follow the same process except instead of Exporting the bundle, select the Import Bundle instead.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited January 2023
    BTW. I'm not sure what you mean by 'Project' in the context of Helix Native.

The terms I'm familiar with are Presets, Setlists, Bundles and Snapshots

Do you mean different DAW projects?

It's not a competition.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    BTW. I'm not sure what you mean by 'Project' in the context of Helix Native.

The terms I'm familiar with are Presets, Setlists, Bundles and Snapshots

Do you mean different DAW projects?

Yes, different projects and even if I put 2 separate instances of Native on 2 different tracks in the same project one will show setlist and the other as user. 

• What happens if you follow the process I described in my first post?

It's not a competition.
    What happens if you follow the process I described in my first post?

Thats what happened in pic 2, it just overwrites that folder with the Factory presets but all other folders are "setlist"

• That's weird. If you exported the version in project 1 as a 'bundle' then I thought that would contain a full record of everything.

So when you Import that 'bundle', I would expect things to look like they do in project 1.
    It's not a competition.
    edited January 2023
    That's weird. If you exported the version in project 1 as a 'bundle' then I thought that would contain a full record of everything.

So when you Import that 'bundle', I would expect things to look like they do in project 1.
    Its weird. Ive uninstalled and removed any Line6 folders I can find but when I re-install everything is the same as before including my presets and whatnot. Its as though the file path has been altered and its using 2 separate paths to find presets

• So just to double check again.

When you export the bundle from project 1, do you use the Export Bundle button that I've label 1 in the picture below.

And when you subsequently import the bundle, do you use the Import Bundle button that I've labelled 2 in the picture below.

https://i.imgur.com/2MX0Gdg.png
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    Could one be the VST3 version and the other VST2?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bod said:
    Could one be the VST3 version and the other VST2?
    This is what I though at first but doesn't matter if I use VST3 or AU, same result 

So just to double check again.

When you export the bundle from project 1, do you use the Export Bundle button that I've label 1 in the picture below.

And when you subsequently import the bundle, do you use the Import Bundle button that I've labelled 2 in the picture below.

https://i.imgur.com/2MX0Gdg.png
    That was my dumbass exporting the setlist, not the bundle. Exporting and importing the bundle seems to work and even if it doesnt cure it at least I can just update and import that instead. 

Consider my hat well and truly doffed to you!

• Glad you've got it working.
    It's not a competition.