Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Frankus/Tanihavit - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Frankus/Tanihavit

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 4987

In light of this amnesty I think it only fair to disclose that my other login is Snags.

I think the MPD gives us a valid defence.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Snags said:

My limited understanding from "the other side" was that frankus lost his credentials for the old account, and presumably also access to whatever email he'd used to sign up with, so couldn't do a recovery. So created the second account. As far as I'm aware he never made a secret of it - there's a classified post from years ago where he says "I used to be frankus". Also as far as I'm aware, there's not been any overlap in posting between the two accounts, so it's not like there's been massive trolling or skullduggery.

It just looked like a bit of a random clamp down from nowhere, hence asking the question (which has been answered, although it all seems a bit odd that something so easily resolved wasn't easily resolved but ... people can be odd).
    Cirrus said:
    I guess it'd be fair to ask why Tanihavit didn't reply to the question about why he'd set up a new account, but it's pretty common for people not to get or notice PM notifications, it's a pretty standard frustration across the classifieds, and it's pretty common for emails to either get lost in the daily deluge of auto-generated notifications, get lost in spam folders, or be disabled in the forum software. He might just not have seen the requests for clarification.

If a member loses their password, access to their email account, or other issue, they can get in touch with us admin@thefretboard.co.uk - or if they do try to register another account, then they can comment in the "why do you want to join?" box stating that they can't get into their old account. We get that reasonably often, and we always respond favourably to it - we usually ban one of the accounts and let them carry on with the other. 

Similarly, once joined, if anyone PMs us and says they used to be someone else and can't access their account then that's something we will also look at favourably. We won't ban anyone if they are up front and honest about it - they just need to let us know one way or another. 

In this case the member in question had opportunity to do so for quite some time, and on multiple occasions. We only ask for people to be up front and honest - if they aren't we have to ask why they have chosen to do that. 
    In light of this amnesty I think it only fair to disclose that my other login is Snags.
    As someone who knows Snags well, I’d say this is entirely feasible, understandable, and excusable. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Does anyone ever truly know anyone?
    Snags said:
    Who are you again?
    Snags said:
    Who are you again?

The ghost of Christmas present imperfect
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I wonder if anyone will form a future perfect progressive metal band.

If so they'll have been working on a new album. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    GoFish said:
    roberty said:

Like a virgin?
    No thanks, I'm trying to give them up.

Ditto. I can't manage a whole one nowadays.
    They don’t seem to last as long nowadays
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    mrkb said:
    GoFish said:
    roberty said:

Like a virgin?
    No thanks, I'm trying to give them up.

Ditto. I can't manage a whole one nowadays.
    They don’t seem to last as long nowadays
    They are the sacrifices we have to make, the devil is in the detail.
  • Some years back, I asked for my account to be deleted.
    When I, much later, decided to return, I started a new account, having mistakenly assumed the old one couldn’t be revived.
    It was all sorted out amicably as an honest mistake.

The modmins here aren’t knee-jerk banners. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Some years back, I asked for my account to be deleted.
    When I, much later, decided to return, I started a new account, having mistakenly assumed the old one couldn’t be revived.
    It was all sorted out amicably as an honest mistake.

The modmins here aren’t knee-jerk banners. 
    I might get a knee jerk banner for our stand at the guitar show….
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter