Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Advice for a first audio interface - UA VOLT? - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Advice for a first audio interface - UA VOLT?

Love the look and reputation of UA stuff although I don’t own any! 
The VOLT interface look good; what would anyone recommend for me as my first foray into home recording guitar, bass and vocals? 
Budget £150 and I will also need to add small powered speakers as an addition when I can.
Software light versions? Cubase or Ableton?
What’s easier to use?
thanks
jon

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• you can't go wrong with an Audient Evo. Better specs than the UA stuff and some independent reviewers rate it higher.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 388
    Thanks - will check out the Audient Evo...it looks excellent
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    I have an EVO 8 which needs to go at some point...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Thanks all - bought an Audient interface today!
  • JonHosker said:
    Thanks all - bought an Audient interface today!
    Congratulations! Have fun recording! :-)
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 225
    Now you have no excuse not to enter the challenges in the Making Music section.  =)
    I’ll have a go - but be patient
  • Can’t go wrong with Audient interfaces. 
  • DAWS.
    Cakewalk = Free (fully featured)
    Reaper = $60 but infinate "evalautation period"
    If you go with a Pre-Sonus interface (I have the Studio26c) you get the basic version (again fully featured) of Studio one, just has fewer default plugins/samples, etc