Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Any Award Session users here…? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Any Award Session users here…?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SessionmanSessionman Frets: 73
    edited March 2023

Just about every musician probably has a stock of mains leads already in their kit, so it's not really an essential piece of kit and helps to reduce plastic usage.  Plus there are a number of different types for us to hold in stock depending on which country the amps are going to.  And, of course, it's a waste of money if it's not really needed.  That's about it really. 

"Just because it's never been done before, is the very reason to make it happen" - Me!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    Thanks @Sessionman - amp ordered earlier today.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HAL9000 said:
    Thanks @Sessionman - amp ordered earlier today.

Brill... thank you!  :)

"Just because it's never been done before, is the very reason to make it happen" - Me!

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    Picked up a Sessionette 75 today and if that’s the old design then I’m definitely interested in trying a new one as it sounds great . The old ones seem to be creeping up in price on EBay so they are not a million miles from the prices of the new builds 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
    @Sessionman ;

Just having a look at your website Stewart & I wanted to ask is the only model with the 
    Plexi (1)/Blackface (2) switch the Rockette 45W https://award-session.com/rockette45-combo1.php ?

Thanks

• rprrpr Frets: 302
    duotone said:
    @Sessionman ;;;

Just having a look at your website Stewart & I wanted to ask is the only model with the Plexi (1)/Blackface (2) switch the Rockette 45W https://award-session.com/rockette45-combo1.php ?

Thanks

I briefly tried a 22 watt Blues Baby with those switchs.
    If you stroll to the bottom of spec at the *Front Panel controlsection

• BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 269
    Just watched a couple of demos of the Blues Baby. Those things are overdriving with the gain at around 2.5. Why so much gain? I guess loud, clean tones would be hard to achieve.
  • Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 108
    Just watched a couple of demos of the Blues Baby. Those things are overdriving with the gain at around 2.5. Why so much gain? I guess loud, clean tones would be hard to achieve.
    If it is the 22W version you saw, you can only expect so much totally clean volume at 22W. You can easily maximise this by turning the master volume to max and then turning the gain up until just before it overdrives. Even with a Deluxe Reverb (also 22W) you would not get a tonne of pristine clean headroom.

The 45W version (now called the Rockette) can be had with a switch that will not allow the amp to overdrive. I have one and it gets very loud while staying clean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

So far I think that the 5 options available are:

1) 5E3-EXTRA - SESSION's 1950s Tweed Tone combo

2) BluesBaby - 22W Classic 1960s 'black panel' tone

3) Rockette 45W Classic 1960s 'black panel' tone (FX Loop and G12T DI Out. Ideal pedal platform)

4) BigDog 45W Combo (Rockette:45 in a bigger cabinet)

5) EMPTY CABINETS - EXPAND your Fender Blues Junior's® tone...with a STEWARD classic 1950s style cabinet

Please correct me if I am wrong!
    rpr said:
    duotone said:
    @Sessionman ;;;

Just having a look at your website Stewart & I wanted to ask is the only model with the Plexi (1)/Blackface (2) switch the Rockette 45W https://award-session.com/rockette45-combo1.php ?

Thanks

I briefly tried a 22 watt Blues Baby with those switchs.
    If you stroll to the bottom of spec at the *Front Panel controlsection

@rpr ;
    I found it mentioned here, thanks: 
    https://guitar.com/reviews/award-session-bluesbaby-22-review/

“But on the underside of the chassis you’ll also find a couple of sneaky toggle switches: one for a presence boost, and one labelled `blackface’ that shifts the focus of the mids control for a 1950s-to-60s character tweak.“