Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS - Epiphone Sheraton (heavily upgraded) - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS - Epiphone Sheraton (heavily upgraded)

What's Hot
Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 156
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
Decided to put a few guitars up for sale as an amp I've been waiting a long time for has come on the market and I can't afford it without moving on a few bits. Guitars ideally to be collected from East Farleigh, Kent or possible meet up. I travel around the country a fair bit for gigs so feel free to get in touch.

Gibson SG Standard (1991) SOLD

Picked up this guitar recently as it's from a fantastic era for Gibson. It's been well used and has a tonne of mojo - lacquer checking all over and parts of the guitar have even worn through to the wood. Very hard to photograph the lacquer checking properly but it looks amazing in person  People pay upwards of £5K for a guitar aged like this from Gibson, much cooler in my opinion to be authentic wear from use over its 32 year life. Neck profile is slim-medium I'd say. Definitely not really skinny but also not chunky at all. Tried to show in the pictures. Hardcase not original but it is an early 2000s Gibson hardcase which has been with the guitar for 20 years. 

£995 

More pictures - https://imgur.com/a/B2rq6ET

Epiphone Sheraton (2005)

I've had this guitar around 4-5 years now and it's a truly fantastic guitar. I had my tech refret it with stainless steel frets and install a tusq nut (£300) which completely transformed it. I have the action set stupidly low on this and it still sounds amazing with very little buzz. I don't think I've had another guitar that could do that (apart from maybe a Novo Serus T I had). It currently has a set of PAF style pickups installed (£200) that were wound by the same tech (Jim @Planet Guitar - absolute legend and incredible tech should anyone need any work doing). I love these pickups and am more than happy to get him to take them out before I sell (in fact that would be my preference) and reinstall the originals. I'll list two prices for it though just incase the buyer really wants them as I can always get him to wind me another set. When he did the pickups he also changed all the wiring and pots for proper CTS pots which is why it's missing the knobs for the tone controls - still haven't bought replacements but obviously these are very easy to source. Was gonna buy some and then thought I'd leave it down to the buyer to choose which style they want. Comes with original hardcase. I do have the original pickguard somewhere too. I also have an aged tailpiece to match the pickups and bridge but just hasn't got around to installing it as the strings were still good and didn't need changing. Currently got D'Addario 10-52s. As you can see I'm pretty much selling it for the price it's cost me just in upgrades! 

£750 w/PAFs (original pickups still included)

£600 reverted back to original pickups 

More pictures - https://imgur.com/a/W3UORWO

Epiphone Les Paul Custom SG (2011)

Great feeling chunky neck profile on this one. Had a bone nut installed and cut nice and low whilst it was in having the frets levelled last year. Has a beautiful dark rosewood fretboard. The Bigsby was already installed when I bought it and works great. One of the holes from the original tailpiece is visible but it's never bothered me. As you can see from the pictures it is quite minor. 

£395 SOLD

More pictures - https://imgur.com/a/k79VPcu

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 156
    Les Paul Standard pictures added 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    I believe those Wolftone’s belonged to me. They’re excellent sounding pickups, the new owner will be very happy. GLWTS  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    beed84 said:
    I believe those Wolftone’s belonged to me. They’re excellent sounding pickups, the new owner will be very happy. GLWTS  :)
    Yes they did - fantastic pickups! I am happy to offer the guitar with it's stock pickups/hardware if preferred for a much cheaper price if anyone would prefer, I'll adjust the listing. I'd love to save the Wolfetone's for something else!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump! 
    Open to offers 
    Sorry changed my mind, not open to offers
    edited April 2023
    LPS added!
    Price drop
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Very nice….so nice in fact, that I tried to WOW  it and I realised I’d already done it  <3
    tone1 said:
    Very nice….so nice in fact, that I tried to WOW  it and I realised I’d already done it  <3
    Hahah I've definitely done that before on here! Thanks for your kind words. It is indeed a stunning guitar - I put a lot of work into it - but I just find myself predominantly playing single coils and it's a lot of money to have tied up in a guitar that doesn't get played everyday. I may well end up keeping it though as I'm sure I'll go through another Les Paul phase this year and regret selling it! 
    Bump
    Price Drop
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    What a lovely top that has. 
    Deijavoo said:
    What a lovely top that has. 
    Thanks! It sure is a lovely top. Final price drop 
    Bump Price Drop
    Bump
    Sold on eBay
    Post updated with Gibson SG, Sheraton and Epi LPC SG
    Bump 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    That SG is very tasty!
    beed84 said:
    That SG is very tasty!
    Thanks! It is one of the nicest SG's I've ever seen - tempted to keep it as a slide guitar if this amp I'm after sells
    Bump 
    Bump 
  • Mudz73Mudz73 Frets: 4
    I could be interested fella
  • Both SG's sold, just the Sheraton left 
  • Bump
    Bump