Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Midi setup advice needed - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Midi setup advice needed

What's Hot
Hi folks,

Hoping the community can help me with some midi advice. I have 9 midi pedals, one of which is the flux trem, which requires some crazy cables to get midi in/out/thru so I will probably switch that out for something more sensible. So ask number 1: recommendations for a stereo trem pedal with midi that can do some crazy stuff. 

For midi, I have the meris and Disaster area/CBA midi boxes, which work fine, but I want something more consolidated. I’m controlling them with the Morningstar mc6, which I love. So ask number 2: what’s the best midi controller/box setup for this board? I’ve looked at the mc8 and the Morningstar midibox. 

And the main thing, ask number 3: any advice for signal chain? Currently running the mono pedals in one Matrise loop, and the stereo pedals in the second loop out to two amps. But I’ve bought the signal blender to introduce a couple more loops pre-Matrise and separate some of the mono pedals. 

So…advice welcome! Thanks all. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • keirkeir Frets: 132
    Number 2 - the Morningstar midi box looks cool and compact but you need to convert the 3.5mm to 1/4” cables. 

I looked at this and it was very expensive to buy custom cables and adaptors would be bulky and impractical, 

You can double up on the outputs on the midibox using stereo headphone splitters - I'm running 7 Chase Bliss pedals from one midi box. It’s still not the tidiest cabling wise as I’m using the same EBS cables as you so there is some excess cable underneath, but I can’t fit 2 boxes easily under my board. 

Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter