Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Solo of the Month (SotM) #90 - Challenge - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Solo of the Month (SotM) #90 - Challenge

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited January 2023
    Mine wasn't a single take either. I started with my AZ2204 on the bridge humbucker, then decided I wanted a neck humbucker sound for the Am section. So I swapped to my AZ2402 on the neck humbucker for the Am section, then flipped it to the bridge humbucker for the E7 section onwards.

The ampsim was Neural DSP SLO 100, using a slightly tweaked version of the dry default setting.

To create a 'sort of' doubling effect, I used Fabfilter Timeless 3 on the 'clean' preset but set to 70ms on the left and 90ms on the right. Plus ValhallaRoom, on basically the default setting, which gives a slight chorus effect as well as reverb.

And the backing track was appropriately titled "Where's The F_cking Beat" because I got lost somewhere and kept missing the start of the chromatic ascent. So I added a click track to count in where it started, then dropped in the part for that section.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 568
    Sounds epic @stratman3142 - I love the way the middle section develops. This track certainly fits a good amount into 90 seconds.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1767
    edited January 2023
    Thanks @maharg101 My 10 year old daughter helped restring and must have done an okay job winding the tuners!

Obviously mine wasn't a single take, but the resonator bits and layered Pulp Fiction part were improvised first takes. Gear wise it's a 2009 Fender Tele with an Oil City 49er bridge pickup into a Boss GT001 with a generic OD w compression setting. Stereo delay and reverb added in Reaper
  • Just finishing something up! Should be done today all being well.
  • Just finishing something up! Should be done today all being well.

It's in the playlist.

Entry closes in a couple of days at midnight 24th January 2023.

It's not a competition.
  • Sent one in!
  • Sent one in!
    It's in the playlist.

It's not a competition.
  • Entry closes tonight at midnight.
    It's not a competition.
  • Entry closed
    It's not a competition.