Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Poopot's Cover Challenge #21 - H - Results - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Poopot's Cover Challenge #21 - H - Results

What's Hot
flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1767
edited December 2022 in Making Music
Well this was a great challenge with so many quality entries it was a happy ball ache to do all the totalling up. I'm fairly sure the results are correct but apologies if I've missed anything. I'm certain I've got the winner right though!

Congratulations to @thecolourbox for coming out high and dry from a tight field with 20 points

You can hear the winning entry here

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/high-dry-thecolourbox?in=thefretboard/sets/poopots-cover-challenge-h

Well done to @AlbertC and @horse for completing the podium with 17 and 15 points respectively

@thecolourbox seeing as it's Hogmany you can have 72 hours to get back to me with your chosen song for the letter I. It's only fair to factor in that people might be busy/hungover and offer a bit more time. But remember that if you don't then I'll be forced to choose instead
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 135
    Great job @thecolourbox! Well derserved
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Wow.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Well done Matt @thecolourbox - thats a great recording!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    Yep, congrats @thecolourbox - even if I did vote for your other one!
  • Blimey, that's really kind of you all - thank you so much. I've been holed up at home with Covid all over Christmas time so this has given me a really welcome boost. Genuinely flattered and overwhelmed with this especially from such a strong and wide field of entries.

@flying_pie sorry to be extremely picky but I think my points total adds up to 18 rather than 20,which makes the top three even closer - if a couple more people had voted it could have been turned on its head again.

I have a lot of "I" songs in my Spotify Liked Songs list, I'll get back to you asap with my choice for it to be vetted (and the alternatives as well maybe, just in case my first choice is a crap choice).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • horse said:
    Yep, congrats @thecolourbox - even if I did vote for your other one!
    I must admit I was surprised the other one got any votes at all, very rough and ready and my crying vocals were not the best they've ever sounded!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Well done @thecolourbox ;
    It's not a competition.
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 855
    Well done @thecolourbox and everyone else that took part and also to @flying_pie for the admin
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 225
    Congrats @thecolourbox . Happy New Year to everyone!