Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). John Bird - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

John Bird

What's Hot
bertiebertie Frets: 12145
edited December 2022 in Tributes
probably been in and contributed to more things than many realise.  - Very funny man.

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    edited December 2022
    So very sad. John Bird was a genius in comedic observation, timing & understatement.
    His satirical work with John Fortune & latterly Rory Bremner too, is in a class all of its own.
    RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 417
    A genuinely subversive gentleman by all accounts, RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    For me, Bird will forever be de voice o' Idi Amin, performing Alan Coren's Collected Bulletins in audio form.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    For me, Bird will forever be de voice o' Idi Amin, performing Alan Coren's Collected Bulletins in audio form.

Somewhere, deep in the bowels of the stuff I can't throw out, there is a Private Eye flexi-disc which includes Idi Amin threatening to cut off the aid of an opponent.  Brilliant.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Bird & Fortune were amazing with their improv interviews. Most entertaining!
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    George Parr, thank you very much.  RIP
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    RIP. For some reason the line that I can’t forget is: “A couple of puffs of de Kampala gold and it feel like yo head got legs!”
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    My favourite Bird/Amin memory.