Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tracks/songs that artists don't play/record - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Tracks/songs that artists don't play/record

What's Hot
Just curious to know if this is a rare experience or something quite common with recording artists (pro or not).

Anyone got any other examples or insights?

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMF7PNKCP/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    Gilmour doesn't play the acoustic instrumental, Is there anybody out there, on The Wall album. Couldn't get it smooth enough so a session guy did it. 
    Nick Mason doesn't play the drums on Mother from the same album ...couldn't get the pattern right. So that's session player too. 
    Ringo Starr was replaced on GM's instruction by a session player for the Beatles first single, Love Me Do. As it happens the version with Ringo on drums did get released. Both versions get played on the radio. 

The really high harmony on Alone by Heart ... that's not a Wilson sister that's a male backing singer, who also wrote the song. 

There's loads of times a player has been replaced in the studio or edited to the point they may as well have been replaced. I've replaced peoples parts in the studio, but also been replaced myself. Whatever is the best decision for the quality of the track really. Although this is something which might irk a new band it's not something that would bother a more experienced recording band. 
    There are occasions where people don't know they have been replaced. I mean giving the choice of spending 2 hours cutting up a bass line and moving it so it lines up with the drums properly or just replaying it in 10 minutes what would you do ? 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter