Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #89 - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #89

stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
edited December 2022 in Making Music
Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #89. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Thanks to @flying_pie for providing the backing track for this one.

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 31st December 2022.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• A quick top three in between food comas...

5 points - @fastonebaz ;
    3 points - @stratman3142 ;
    1 point - @mudslide73 ;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 5 pts @stratman3142 ;

Well played all. Now back to slurping brandy cream. Nom now.. 
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1170
    Not entered one of these for ages….I really should get my act together.

Anyway, nice to see the usual suspects still doing this stuff so I thought I’d at least vote. 

5 points @stratman3142 ;
    3 points @fastonebaz ;
    1 point @mudslide73 ;

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited December 2022
    5 points : @mudslide73 : Blended well with the backing
    3 points : @fastonebaz : Harmonies and shredding
    1 point : @maharg101 : Style and sounded fitted the backing

Hard to choose at the end, so sorry to leave you out @flying_pie. I think a bit more reverb (or delay) and maybe a slightly lower level would have made it blend with the backing a bit more and swung things in your favour.

It's not a competition.
  • 5 points @mudslide73 - for me the most apt
    3 points @fastonebaz - very creative and excellent playing as expected
    1 point @maharg101 - fitted the track well

Thanks for the tips @stratman3142 ; I think that being a rhythm guitarist who doesn't really like playing solos but has to learn means I overdo my levels instead of hiding in the mix
  • Hard one to call this.

Happily I've just set up a new set of "studio monitors" (a old pair of Jamo Studio 135s on a shelf, driven by a poorly-named but thoroughly excellent Douk Audio "Nobsound" NS-15G mini amp) which made all of the entries a pleasure to listen to.

5 points @mudslide73 ; - just sounds excellent, top job !
    3 point @flying_pie - I love the fluid playing on this, a better mix would have tipped this into first place
    1 points @fastonebaz ;- great playing, love the harmonies

Excellent backing track @flying_pie and thanks to @stratman3142 for running the compo.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • 5 Points @fastonebaz ;

3 Points @mudslide73 ;

1 Point @stratman3142 ;

I'll have to try and get back into it next month. Been busy and ill for a good part of December. Well played all.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • Voting ends tomorrow at midnight.
    It's not a competition.
  • Voting closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • 5 Points @fastonebaz Epic wizardry as usual.
    3 Points @maharg101 Fits the track well.
    1 Point @stratman3142 Lovely Murphy/Beckisms as usual - so tasteful.

Great track and very enjoyable to play over @flying_pie .
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Voting closed.

It's not a competition.