Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Maxi Jazz - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Maxi Jazz

What's Hot
OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
Oh wow, very sad.  Insomnia is an absolute classic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64087315
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Super sad to read this. I really got into faithless and loved Maxi Jazz' vocal style.

Shocked that he was 65!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Quite a shock to hear about someone from a more recent musical generation than my own - I didn't realise he was as old as 65, but that's still no age really.

He and Faithless were a big part of why I started listening to dance music and not just guitar-based rock music in the 90s.

Huge talent.

RIP :(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    Gash.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Very chilled dude , lovely guy apparently and a Palace fan too , what’s not to like.

RIP Maxi
  • Ah shit. Always seems like a nice chap and made some absolutely iconic music
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Sad to hear this. I saw faithless at a festival in the early 2000s and it was absolute mayhem. Good memories. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    They were playing Faithless tunes in a pub I was in a few weeks ago. It really has aged well and Maxi Jazz had such a personality coming through. RIP
  • Finally, he can get some sleep 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Finally, he can get some sleep 
    Come on, mate.  A man has died.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Finally, he can get some sleep 
    Come on, mate.  A man has died.
    It’s actually been doing the rounds since his death was announced. It’s become a sort of meme.. I think people who knew him personally have said it online, so I don’t think it was meant disrespectfully in this case, either..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ah man, that's sad news. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
  • I used to watch Faithless regularly back in the day - a really  good live band -dynamic and very different to the records. I had the chance to chat to Mr Jazz. a few times - he really seemed liked a very genuine and down to earth fella... seemed very happy to chat. RIP. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter