Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Helix stomp XL with mission engineering sp1-l6h WHAT CABLE!? - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Helix stomp XL with mission engineering sp1-l6h WHAT CABLE!?

I’ve ordered an SP1-L6H to use with my helix stomp XL but can’t find an explanation anywhere of what cable i need to connect it with? 

The SP1 looks to have 2 jack outputs but the internet claims only a single trs cable is needed!?

help please :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I think the Helix likes a normal TS cable for expression input. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• HX Stomp has a combined input for 2 additional switches or 2 expressions, or one switch and one expression.
    The Helix has separate jacks for each.

The Mission SP1-L6H  has 2 outputs, a switch and a standard expression.

Do you want to use the toe switch and the expression?  If so you will need an insert cable.

If you just want expression, a standard TS cable should be fine.  Just plug it form the expression output into the Stomp.

I have a standard expression pedal (and old volume pedal I modded.  I set as volume but use one of the main switches on the Stomp XL to toggle to wah and back when needed.  You can do that or configure to use the Missions toes switch to do the same.
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 569
    edited December 2022
    @menamestom ;;

So you’re saying if I want to use the toe switch to engage the effect and the wah pedal to control the sweep then I need a Y cable? And the two ends of the Y will go from the two outputs of the pedal, and the stereo end into the HX Stomp?
  • hassleham said:
    @menamestom ;;

So you’re saying if I want to use the toe switch to engage the effect and the wah pedal to control the sweep then I need a Y cable? And the two ends of the Y will go from the two outputs of the pedal, and the stereo end into the HX Stomp?
    I think that's the case, yes.

• hassleham said:

Yes. You can use the sweep itself to bypass blocks as well; for example, many set the Wah to bypass at the heel down position.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • Thanks all! 

Was hoping this would arrive in time for a gig on the 23rd but sadly it got lost in the post so i had to go without anyway. Hopefully get it sorted out soon.