Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Advice on interfaces and amp modelers? - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Advice on interfaces and amp modelers?

I want to start playing around with an audio interface and amp modellers.

I saw this post suggesting getting a Komplete audio interface along with bias fx. But, I've also seen that there are two different bundles avaialble -  Bias FX 2 with a Riff interface direct from Positive Grid, and a Komplete Audio 1 interfae with Guitar Rig 6 Pro and AmpliTube 5 SE from Thomann.

I don't really know how to decide between the two since I know barely anything about interfaces and modelers. Any reccommendations for a newbie to amp modeling on a budget?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 868
    edited December 2022
    Use an interface with good driver support like Focusrite or Steinberg (and others). The cheapest way into amp modelling is with Amplitube Custom Shop, which is free. You get a few free amps and effects etc, and you can buy individual pieces from them for reasonable prices if you're after something specific.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bias is pretty pants imo so Id prob go for another interface selection unless you want the rest of komplete 
  • Jono111Jono111 Frets: 135
    Focusrite have refurbished Scarlett interfaces from their website from £69 and amplitude max is currently on special for £99. They are a great combination.