Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). 2023 Challenge: Crimson Guitars course - X Jr build **Build diary added on pg.3** - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

2023 Challenge: Crimson Guitars course - X Jr build **Build diary added on pg.3**

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    edited September 2023
    Right, the daily diaries have now all been added - I'll add my overall thoughts and post-course jobs, mods, and 'what's next?' shortly

*jobs & thoughts now added
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezV said:
    Good updates, although this placeholder method does mean your thread doesn't get bumped when you do one.

I made quite a few ovankgol necks on my early builds. I agree with Crimson that you will get away without it being perfectly flat or quatersawn.   It feels great with an oil finish too

Quite right - I hadn't thought about that when I popped them in there!

Glad to hear it - my only experience with Ovangkol necks before this is on my Warwick, it's lovely on that though. This one doesn't seem to have moved at all since being installed, though it is early days - and yes, the oil finish on it feels fantastic and really brings out the colours in there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    How are you finding the Guyker tuners?   I was looking at those recently
  • @WezV Pretty great - I've had a couple of different sets by them before and I can't complain about those ones at all - especially for the price! The build quality and plating's good, the feel has been smooth, and they're stable... what's not to like?

The only critique with these particular ones is that the locking posts feel a smidge too long, in that they protude from the back of the housing by about ~2mm more than I'd expect. 
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    Crimson should use this thread as an advert for their course, it's awesome.  The guitar is amazing too.  
  • Ha - thank you @S56035! I'll pass it along to Ben and see if I can scrounge a referral code or similar ;)