Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bias FX 2 vs Amplitube 5 max (or others?) - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bias FX 2 vs Amplitube 5 max (or others?)

What's Hot
JamesC01JamesC01 Frets: 0
edited December 2022 in Studio & Recording
Bias FX2 pro is on sale for around £70, and amplitube 5 max (the best version of amplitube) is on sale for £85. Which should I buy? Which one do you think sounds better, is more versatile etc.? Are there any other options I should consider? Thanks for the replies! I bought amplitube 5!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• The Amplitube offer is a steal, and you get a massive variety of amps, cabs and pedals and what not for that. Really nice intuitive interface also (eg placing the cabs in different rooms, moving the mic about to tweak your sound..)

Personally I think it sounds better than Bias, though I tend to gravitate to towards Fender amps and Amplitube's Fender pack (included in 5 Max) is pretty much untouchable in that respect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I grabbed Amplitibe 5 Max and it's great but still no substitute for physical gear. No experience of Bias FX.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jono111Jono111 Frets: 135
    I too got the amplitude on offer, it's great. It also comes with stripped down modo bass and drums. This is the first modelling software I have tried though. The odd thing is the drums and bass can't be imported into the amplitude.
  • its cheaper to buy cocktail sticks to stab yourself in the eyes with than buy bias. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DanDan Frets: 429
    Sorry slightly off topic but where are you seeing amplitude 5 max for £85? 
  • Dan said:
    Sorry slightly off topic but where are you seeing amplitude 5 max for £85? 
    https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-max
    Thanks @thecolourbox didnt see it was in euros! Cheers. 

Ive got a focusrite Scarlett solo coming so I’ll keep a keen eye on this thread. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I got Amplitube in the sale. I'm struggling a bit so far to find the tones I'm looking for (Eric Johnson and SRV for starters). I need to find an online library of presets where someone else has got something down! Anyone seen such a thing?
  • axisus said:
    I got Amplitube in the sale. I'm struggling a bit so far to find the tones I'm looking for (Eric Johnson and SRV for starters). I need to find an online library of presets where someone else has got something down! Anyone seen such a thing?

Amplitube has an online user library of presets - check out ToneNet in the user interface menu, you'll need an account. Plenty of Youtube videos and info online.

I've built a few decent SRV presets by basically using the models for the gear he used so could give you some pointers.
    I have to say that other people's presets rarely translate  well - your pickups, pickup height etc, etc will make a big difference in sound, as will dozens of things in signal chain (like your input gain on your interface)

Can I embed Soundcloud files here? I could give some examples of mine.
    edited December 2022
    Quick update. I did buy Amplitube and for what I need, I think its bloody brilliant.

Love the Twin, Super and JTM45. Some of the tweed ones are great too. Only think thats possibly lacking is some kind of 'transparent' Timmy type overdrive and some ambient/spacey reverbs.

All in all though I love it. Works really well with the Scarlett Solo too. 
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 698
    Scuffam amps (S-Gear) is another alternative. Personally I prefer the tones in S-Gear but it has less models than Amplitube and just one pedal based off a Klon.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."