Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Audient EVO 16 - Anyone tried these out? - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Audient EVO 16 - Anyone tried these out?

What's Hot
chenzmanchenzman Frets: 188
edited December 2022 in Studio & Recording
Hi all,

I’m looking at upgrading my audio interface and wondering if anyone has tried the new Audient EVO 16?

I like the fact it has the smart gain feature which will make the recording of drums a lot easier for someone like me, as I’m not very experienced from and recording point of view and also record on my own a lot. 

Wondering if it’s worth getting one of these or investing more and getting a Focusrite Clarett 8pre or even higher end for a Motu 8pre-se or 8m, although would then have to invest a lot more time learning the Motu platform and routing capabilities.

Any input would be appreciated,

Cheers

Vince 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    I got the EVO 8 as a bit of a trial to record direct audio to iPhone but sadly only the EVO can do that...what DAW are you using?  

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 188
    spark240 said:
    I got the EVO 8 as a bit of a trial to record direct audio to iPhone but sadly only the EVO can do that...what DAW are you using?  
    I’m using reaper in Windows 10
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    I've got the full review in a recent Sound On Sound.  Want me to send it over?
  • I have an Evo 16. I also use Reaper and windows 10. It's a great unit and smart gain has made stereo micing so much easier to do. Great sound to run your guitar into the front of as well and use amp sims with...set it to 96k/256 samples and the latency is almost gone for practical purposes.
    Highly recommend

Bod said:
    I've got the full review in a recent Sound On Sound.  Want me to send it over?
    Thanks Bod, received, much appreciated! 
    I have an Evo 16. I also use Reaper and windows 10. It's a great unit and smart gain has made stereo micing so much easier to do. Great sound to run your guitar into the front of as well and use amp sims with...set it to 96k/256 samples and the latency is almost gone for practical purposes.
    Highly recommend

Excellent, great to hear it’s working out well and in the same setup too! Think I may have to give it a try!! 

I also have the audient ID14 although been using a Focusrite 18i20 more so which has worked pretty well using Helix Native. It seems to be struggling for recording of 8 tracks, either that or it’s my inability and lack of skills! Haha

Cheers
  • I got the EVO 8 last year in an effort to simplify after using a UAD Apollo for a few years: I just wanted simple I/O with no bells & whistles. I'm really happy with it...dead simple...no glitches...sounds fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I got the EVO 8 last year in an effort to simplify after using a UAD Apollo for a few years: I just wanted simple I/O with no bells & whistles. I'm really happy with it...dead simple...no glitches...sounds fine.
    Wow, that is some endorsement, as I’m aware UAD products are a lot more expensive and quite out of my ability range to consider buying one.

The EVO is looking like a decent option!