Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Legendary Tones Hot Mod / Lynch Mod Valve Modules - feedback from owners / users please - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Legendary Tones Hot Mod / Lynch Mod Valve Modules - feedback from owners / users please

What's Hot
JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 414
Considering latest version - 12AT7 / 12AX7 version - but would like some feedback from anyone who has experience of these - will go in a 78 2204 and or 87 2210 .

thanks for looking 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I have a George Lynch Hot Mod V2 in my Friedman Runt 50 and it has turned it into a fire breathing monster!  It affects the clean channel too though but it still sounds glorious.

Cheers,
    Jim
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2142
    I have the standard V2 Evo in my Runt 50 too.

Brilliant little device. It's turned the Runt into my favourite Friedman and thats saying something considering it's sat between a BE100Dlx and a Smallbox. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @sorbz62 ; - cheers for feedback and reminder of impact on a multiple channel amp - do you find the level control useful ? are you running stock tubes or have you done anything to it ? Did you purchase direct ?

@andy1839 - wow that's a serious endorsement - whats it added to the sound over and above the other two amps ? Stock or changed tubes ? Direct purchase ?  Many thanks for your feedback ..
    JMP220478 said:
    @sorbz62 ; - cheers for feedback and reminder of impact on a multiple channel amp - do you find the level control useful ? are you running stock tubes or have you done anything to it ? Did you purchase direct ?

@andy1839 - wow that's a serious endorsement - whats it added to the sound over and above the other two amps ? Stock or changed tubes ? Direct purchase ?  Many thanks for your feedback ..
    The cleans on the Runt 50 are really good anyway but the drive just needed a bit of a kick. The HM just raises the gain level another stage but the whole range of drive is still fully usable. 

I have NOS mullards in the other preamp slots but JJ in the HM.  

I bought it from top chap @Fortheloveofguitar who I think had the Lynch mod one as well and I think he might have bought them direct. 
  • Hot Mod V2 Evo incoming 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    JMP220478 said:
    Hot Mod V2 Evo incoming 
    Great!

Did you order direct or manage to find one in the UK?

Coincidentally I've just been swapping some valves around in my Runt and HM today.

Settled on a JANPhilips 12AT7 in the HM V1 and a Mullard ECC83 in V2.
    Bass off, gain on.

I'll be gigging the Runt across Xmas and using a BE50Dlx as a backup. 

I'd be interested in how well you think it goes with the Marshalls.

• @andy1839  - UK EBay - going to do some before n after audio over next week or so - will share the details 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @andy1839 - stock jjs as supplied in HM2 - bass cut - full gain - ‘78 2204 into a stock 1960A cab - excellent - more liquid sustain - had to reduce bass on amp controls to avoid flub - will do more scientific approach over next few weeks - ie use my own original v2 in the HM2 etc - but happy so far ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    JMP220478 said:
    @andy1839 - stock jjs as supplied in HM2 - bass cut - full gain - ‘78 2204 into a stock 1960A cab - excellent - more liquid sustain - had to reduce bass on amp controls to avoid flub - will do more scientific approach over next few weeks - ie use my own original v2 in the HM2 etc - but happy so far ! 
    Great!

I had to reduce the bass on mine too, but I think that's probably right for the increase in gain.

It's a great little device, I'm hoping to grab one for my Smallbox too. 

I notice the new ones come with some cable ties and sticky mountings to secure it to the chassis if it's hanging upside down in the amp. Mine did feel a little loose so I DIY'd it.

• JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 414
    edited September 2023
    There was no extra stuff with mine but as it was 2nd hand etc - I won’t be intentionally turning my amp head upside down :-) 
    JMP220478 said:
    There was no extra stuff with mine but as it was 2nd hand etc - I won’t be intentionally turning my amp head upside down :-) 
    Mine is top mounted so all the valves hang at 90 so more likely to get dislodged or when carting it around and in the car over bumps.