Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Every so often something reminds me - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Every so often something reminds me

TanninTannin Frets: 4394
Every so often something reminds me that I haven't even scratched the surface of what my instrument can do. Such a simple little tune. He makes it look so easy.

Keep practicing. Sigh. Another couple of decades. No worries. I'll get there. (Or of course end up in a wooden box. What the hell - I'll keep on practicing until I do.)  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• allenallen Frets: 545
    If it makes you feel any better. He has spent about 100 hours practicing that. Just that.

And actually it's not that hard to learn a party piece if you just practice it for a while. 

To give you an example, it's not on the same level, but I attempted to learn a Mateus Asato version of Don't Dream it's Over - and I'm a pretty average/intermediate player. I didn't quite do it as well as him, but very satisfying.

Scroll forward to 3m:18 to avoid the talking at the beginning.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter