Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Custom - Acoustic Panels - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Custom - Acoustic Panels

What's Hot
Hi All,

I’m looking to get some custom acoustic panels made. I’m in the Uk, so looking for someone in the Uk who can make some for me.

I am looking to get them made with the option to add a Hercules wall hanger to hang my guitars on. I’ll try get some pics uploaded to show my rough design, but if anyone know someone, or is someone, who can build some for me, please let me know. 

I understand the guitars will limit the effectiveness of the panels as acoustic treatment, but I can remove the guitars when recording/mixing and they will be over-sized for the space they’re in so should help for day to day use still. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Dude honestly if you can handle a wood saw and a tape measure this is an easy DIY job.

Where are you based?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    spark240 said:
    Dude honestly if you can handle a wood saw and a tape measure this is an easy DIY job.

Where are you based?
    Yes and no.
    I've built 30 or so panels over the years.
    My attention to detail is pretty good and they looked ok, but not as good as the professionally made ones.
    It is stretching the fabric that is the problem- it always seems to go out of shape eventually.
    The professionally made ones do not.

OP- try GIK- I use them for everything.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    The easiest way to make them is just buy the large fabric pictures you can get from various stores that are stretched over a wooden frame. 
    Then turn the picture over, pack it with rockwool and staple plastic from a cut up large bin liner over the rockwool to stop the fibres getting into the air. 

You can certainly get professional looking panels with a bit of care. These in my old control room are all home made, as are the down lights in the ceiling I built and the walls, roof and everything else. However as nice as these panels turned out it's easier to use the pre built pictures and cheaper. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1896
    Never used these guys, but they appear to do custom designs...https://www.agsacousticmaterials.co.uk
  • We don’t really have the space to do it where I am (well not till summer in the garden) so I’d definitely want to order some. Thanks for the suggestions so far!