Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). My set up and help with posting on youtube - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

My set up and help with posting on youtube

What's Hot
Hi Guys,

any of you post on youtube?

I tried but it took me ages to get the video and audio to sync. 

I used a guitar into UA Apollo connected to my mac and recording through Logic Pro X, the camera i cant remember but I now have a go pro HD9.

Im going to attempt again in the next week or so but kinda lose interest when the video / audio wont line up.

What software do you use for video? what gear do you use? any tricks ?

thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    I just use a Nux Mighty plug and record straight into iMovie, then just post to Youtube. Very quick process. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Danny1969 I will have to look into this ...   maybe i've over complicated this !!
  • dhjdhj Frets: 21
    I use a Behringer UM2 into my laptop. Acoustic and mic into Behringer. Record into Reaper and video into OBS (using laptop camera). Drag the recorded video over into Reaper, a bit of mastering and job done. Actually sounds over complex now I've written it down but I tried numerous combinations of phones/cameras,/tablets before I settled on this. The problem I had was trying to separate vocals from guitar and this seems to do the trick fairly effectively.
  • I've done a few covers of songs and it can be a pain. I generally record the audio and record video with the finished track playing either through monitors or headphones. Yes I know this is basically miming, but it means I can concentrate on getting the guitar parts right without having to worry if the shot is framed correctly etc. Just remember to make sure you have a cable plugged into your guitar when you're filming..

I record into Logic, film on my iPhone and import the various clips into iMovie (stripped of audio). Then import the finished track from iTunes into iMovie and sync the clips to the audio using clip trimmer.
  • I'm just using the Windows camera for video and then my Focusrite interface for audio. So sorta doing the video and audio together at the same time, to save time as its usually recording videos of my learners and me playing a song. I do want to improve this by using OBS or something but heard it crashes alot and isn't very user friendly. I should probably treat audio and video separately too to get better quality and control over final mix volumes but just want something quick n easy I can do on the fly (during lessons anyway).
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    If you're recording through one device and filming on another, do a clap sync.

Basically, set both recordings off, get yourself ready and then before you start do a loud clap (or use a clapperboard if you have one).

Wait until your hands don't hurt any more, then start playing.

When you get to edit it, get the audio and video in the same tool, zoom in super close on the point where you clapped and you'll have a nice sudden sharp spike. Line them up so that the audio recording matches the video, then you can strip the audio out of the video feed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Snags said:
    If you're recording through one device and filming on another, do a clap sync.

Basically, set both recordings off, get yourself ready and then before you start do a loud clap (or use a clapperboard if you have one).

Wait until your hands don't hurt any more, then start playing.

When you get to edit it, get the audio and video in the same tool, zoom in super close on the point where you clapped and you'll have a nice sudden sharp spike. Line them up so that the audio recording matches the video, then you can strip the audio out of the video feed.
    Or make a clicking sound with your mouth. :)
    Anything with a quick attack and decay.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    I’ve done tons and never really had an issue, I use Davinci resolve ..drop me DM if you need help

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview