Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Oil City Pickups in Dan MacPherson guitars - Made in the UK Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Oil City Pickups in Dan MacPherson guitars

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
More ways to to buy Oil City pickups lol
in Dan MacPherson guitars :-)
This one is pure filth!
imageimage

A pair Of Oil City Scrapyard Dog Plus pickups, fitted with cool oversize hex poles

imageimage
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I really like those Hex poles. Look extra cool :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    And they are no extra money :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Do they change the sound at all?
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    Very, very, VERY slightly. They give a bit more punch to the bass end .... without changing the treble balance. Many people say they can't hear the difference ... but I can ... just, and on a good day :-) the length and mass is important too ... the shorter the screw the more treble ... so you can balance out the need for a short screw in some pickup cavities by using big hex heads to beef up the bass as well. Large diameter threaded slugs (Like I use on my ASL Transonic) make the tone a tad more middle focused ... good on a pickup that uses three ceramics!