Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Is this the right adapter? (UA Apollo Mki TB -> current M1 Mac) - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Is this the right adapter? (UA Apollo Mki TB -> current M1 Mac)

Does anyone know if a)

this is the right doohickey to plug my old UA Apollo Twin solo into my M1 MacBook ?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Thunderbolt-USB-C-Adapter/dp/B01M72VEQR/ref=asc_df_B01M72VEQR/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309968313994&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11596833990826682447&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045596&hvtargid=pla-350033736476&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

and if it is b)

is there a cheaper alternative or should I stick with the Apple adapter ?

and c)

Would I be as well using my Apogee One USB interface ?

I'll mostly just be using HX Native rather than the UA plugins I wasted money on when I thought I was going to ge more into home recording lol 
"Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2124
    That should work as long as you also have a TB2 - TB2 cable.

If it's just for DI guitar and you don't need the UA plug-ins, then the One should be fine for sound quality. USB interfaces generally have slightly worse latency than TB ones, but if you can set the buffer size to 32 samples you should be OK. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Stuckfast said:
    That should work as long as you also have a TB2 - TB2 cable.

If it's just for DI guitar and you don't need the UA plug-ins, then the One should be fine for sound quality. USB interfaces generally have slightly worse latency than TB ones, but if you can set the buffer size to 32 samples you should be OK. 
    Thanks. Yep I have the TB cable the Apollo came with. 

I'll give the One a go first (as I have it and doesn't need any additional cables - I have a USB-B to USB-C adapter somewhere) and see what buffer size I can get away with.

Thanks. 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • If you do end up using the Apollo I can confirm that’s the adapter to use as I’ve just gone through the same this week.

Also agree I’m sure the One will work well too though.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    Thanks folks