Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Dumb question - Mic boom stands - sold with adapter or not? - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Dumb question - Mic boom stands - sold with adapter or not?

What's Hot
I'm selling a Stagg reasonably decent mic boom stand. Where you would attach the microphone  the pole ends in an exposed thread about 8.5mm diameter.

To attach a microphone would require a microphone clip and a little metal adapter thingy that converts from small thread to a larger one, my question is whether boom stands come with that adapter thing? Would you expect it included if you were buying one secondhand?

...err which makes me wonder why they aren't made with bigger threads anyhow, do some mic clips screw on to a small thread?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2124
    There are two common thread sizes used for mic mounting: 5/8 and 3/8 inch. In my experience most mic clips and mounts use the 5/8 but are supplied with a 3/8-inch adapter. Some, like the Rycote InVision range, have 3/8 sockets. Mic stands aren't usually supplied with adapters.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yep.  All my mics came with the correct clip and an adaptor ring for different thread sizes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Stuckfast said:
    Mic stands aren't usually supplied with adapters.
    All my mics came with the correct clip and an adaptor ring for different thread sizes.

Wot they said.

Stands terminate at one of a limited range of standard thread sizes. The gubbins to interface between that thread and your chosen make/model of microphones is supplied with each mic by its manufacturer.
    Be seeing you.