Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #88 - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #88

What's Hot
Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #88. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Thanks to @fastonebaz for providing the backing track for this one.

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 30th November 2022.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• 5 points @digitalkettle - it just spoke the most to me. Great job
    3 points @fastonebaz - very very close as some beautiful melody in amongst the mandatory shred
    1 point @stratman3142 - great playing as always and loved the blues jam towards the end 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 5pts @digitalkettle such a splendid fresh tone and impeccably tight playing and composition, ace job, sounded very polished and brought a smile to my face as soon as i first heard it.  I didn't really get a feeling of a stormy sea ship wreck disaster from the musical journey BUT that's so subjective.
    3 pts @stratman3142 loved those opening harmonics, and great phrasing
    1pt @Barney i reckon this might have ended up my favourite but the solo wasn't quite loud enough in the mix for my ears.

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    edited November 2022
    ...I didn't really get a feeling of a stormy sea ship wreck disaster from the musical journey BUT that's so subjective...
    Thanks! I thought my effects choice might have triggered a little sea sickness...I have violated this thread
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/238455/your-most-hated-pedal-sound
    on at least two counts: subtle vibrato pedal on the first half, wah in the second half
  • another one I didn't have time to do :(

Some great entries, loved them all. 

5 pts - @digitalkettle - as usual something unexpected and absolutely in keeping with the backing. Cracking playing and composition. I'm starting to run out of words when I listen to your stuff. You do play guitar for a living, right?! 
    3 pts - @fastonebaz  - really nice and restrained, great note choices at the start, and the shreddy stuff is in keeping and very good. There's some difficult stuff in there!
    1 pt - @Barney  - this might have been no.1 or 2 but I just couldn't quite hear the lead loudly enough! Your usual levels of pro playing, note choices and technique from what I could make out though (sorry, I only have time for a quick run through of these on my desktop during the day and my wife is working next door so I can't crank it - I'm probably doing you a disservice as I know full well how good your playing is!)

great job everyone. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 5 pts - @Barney - I did crank it for a close listen...really well played...and in one take!
    3 pts - @flying_pie - bold use of modulation, layered and melodic approach...nice one
    1 pt - @fastonebaz - another one-take, light and shade, crescendo in the right places

I hate it when there's five entries and you have to leave someone out...usual high quality from @stratman3142 ; 

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited November 2022
    5 points : @digitalkettle : Great tones and phrasing. Very musical. Nice picking part towards the end that complimented the backing track.

3 points : @Barney : Flowing legato creating a floating feel over the backing. In keeping with the sea theme.

1 point : @fastonebaz : Builds to a high intensity then calms down again. Like a raging sea.

Sorry to leave one out @flying_pie. Some great ideas and interesting sound choices. Lots of imagination.

It's not a competition.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 598
    Hard to pick ..all sound great but
    @flying_pie 3 points 
    @fastonebaz 1 point 
  • Voting ends tomorrow (30th November) at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • Voting closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • It'll have to be a flying visit, but here goes.

5 Points @Barney ;

3 Points @digitalkettle ;

1 Point @stratman3142 ;

Well played all.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • Voting closed.

It's not a competition.