Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Easy songs to learn? - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Easy songs to learn?

What's Hot
I've never learned other peoples songs, well, I did learn 2, but that's not a lot considering that I'm 51 now! I was listening to a live rendition of 'Don't stop believin' on the way to work and I thought I'm sure I could play that! A few chords, a short solo ...

Anyway, I figure it's time I got off my ass and learned a few songs, so I'm looking for suggestions of cover band type songs that aren't too taxing! Any suggestions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2493
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Teenage Kicks is awesome fun and very easy...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • A few easy rockin ones here.

Supergrass - Richard III

AC/DC - You Shook Me (a bit cliche, I know)

Cult - Fire Woman

Or something nice and mellow:

Stranglers - Golden Brown (Nice solo to learn) and just do the "Harpsi"chords with Geetar.
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    Hugh Cornball always fucked up the timing on Golden Brown!!

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Gassage said:
    Hugh Cornball always fucked up the timing on Golden Brown!!

And some notes too if this is owt to go by at 2:24.........Ouch!

I suppose it could happen to any of us though.

And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.