Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Helix native £50 moan - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Helix native £50 moan

What's Hot
Line 6 are selling helix native for £50 but only if you have something registered . 
Which is cool but if you don’t have any line 6 gear like me it’s meaningless  and you’re best saving your money towards the hx stomp or whatever you want & continue with your nux mg300 & boss gt1

im guessing if they made it £50 outright people would flock to buy it 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• It's a moot point for Line 6. If they made it cheap to everyone, then it might kill enough hardware sales to not be a good idea. By making it cheap to users already sold on HX Edit and Line 6 models, it can increase revenue (at no extra cost to Line 6 apart from a server to download the software from and to take payments). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I don't think it's unfair to offer people who have already paid hundreds of pounds on a Helix product a discount on the plugin version. It's an incredible piece of software that's definitely worth more than £50 alone
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 572
    Well it's currently £199 to buy outright if you don't ... half price init. So for the price of one neural DSP celebrity edition you get approximately 200 times the options. Seems pretty good.

The discount has always been there for registered physical Helix users just it's normally £99. Was a bargain at that to be honest.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I don't think it's unfair to offer people who have already paid hundreds of pounds on a Helix product a discount on the plugin version. It's an incredible piece of software that's definitely worth more than £50 alone
    Bingo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    I was lucky when I bought a used, but practically new, Helix LT a couple of years ago. I registered it in my name and was able to pick up Native for £79. I assume the original owner never registered it themself. I sold the LT on a year later cos I just wasn't using all the functionality but still use the Native plugin as I'm still registered with Line 6. I did pick up a used HX Effects the other day though cos that's perfect for my needs so I suppose technically I'm still a valid registration, if thats such a thing(?)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • It's a moot point for Line 6. If they made it cheap to everyone, then it might kill enough hardware sales to not be a good idea. By making it cheap to users already sold on HX Edit and Line 6 models, it can increase revenue (at no extra cost to Line 6 apart from a server to download the software from and to take payments). 
    That’s an extremely good point 
  • There's obviously a huge overlap of the software in Helix Native and the various hardward options. If Line 6 expected existing hardware customers who wanted to add Native to pay full price it could be argued they're charging their customers twice for the same software.  Not a good look for a company that very much prides itself on its reputation for looking after customers.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Can owners of the POD Go get this? Not strictly Helix I know. 
    I’m sure I read pod farm, I think you can check on your registration page if you have one 
  • Helix and HX users can seamlessly transfer their presets to and from Helix Native. The whole studio-to-stage-and-back-again workflow is extremely important to the platform and we wanted to incentivize customers to take advantage of this.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    It says to log in to your account to see if you qualify  so that’s the best option 
    on th E actual page it just lists the usual helix stuff. Helix, stomp , Lt & fx. Plus the pod farm line 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    It says to log in to your account to see if you qualify  so that’s the best option 
    on th E actual page it just lists the usual helix stuff. Helix, stomp , Lt & fx. Plus the pod farm line 
    Doesn't look like it unfortunately. I have my POD Go registered and it is asking for another product to be registered to see if I qualify. Oh well!