Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender Mustang Micro headphone amp - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender Mustang Micro headphone amp

Any users here? Thoughts? Pros/cons?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Yeah, it’s an ok bit of kit. Some amp sounds are better than others eg the clean fenders and the overdriven deluxe.

bluetooth to play along with music good. Needing a physical wire that always awkwardly gets stuck somewhere is less good.

Can’t grumble too much for the cost of it, it does a job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I bought one for my son to take to university. I’ve never used it myself but he’s sent me a fair number of things he’s recorded with it and it sounds fantastic.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I'm thinking of exchanging my Nux MPP for one. There's a whining noise in the treble on mine on the headphone output only that I can't get rid of. As a concept it's amazing. Been learning megadeth songs in songsterr. 25 years too late but never mind
  • I really like the plexi model in it - pretty much just use that. 
    The main drawback is that the gain level is fixed, making it hard to get any decent crunch out of the tweed deluxe and Vox models if you’re using low output single coils.
  • I really like the plexi model in it - pretty much just use that. 
    The main drawback is that the gain level is fixed, making it hard to get any decent crunch out of the tweed deluxe and Vox models if you’re using low output single coils.
    Yeah, the gain being fixed is just something to work around. You can get a bit of variation out of the deluxe + green box (aka tube screamer) setting with volume on guitar but it's within a narrow range.

If viewed as an amp purely for practice, i.e. you plug in and can hear yourself (with the need for others not to) with some colour of preference in then it meets expectation. But I wouldn't go in expecting tons of models with a wide scope to tweak. Nor would it be fair considering the price.

I'm both happy with mine, but also happier whenever I get to use my TMDR. And positively giddy when I can get away with knocking the attenuator up or running the 1974x only slightly muzzled.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    Thanks for the comments. All helpful.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    edited November 2022
    NUX Mighty Plug Pro is probably better value and a better bit of kit if it does the sounds you like. The JCM800 model is excellent and it's pretty much all I use, there are some nice clean amps in there too. Still struggling with high gain but boosting the 800 works well enough. You do need the app or pc editor to set up/adjust your presets though - once set up and saved to the unit it's fine without.

I don't have the same noise issue that @roberty has had so I wonder if that's a fault with his unit.