Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Keyboard stands - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Keyboard stands

What's Hot
thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2275
edited November 2022 in Other Instruments
Looking for a portable keyboard stand that can hold up to 2 boards,  and potentially a music rest or tablet.

Really want something that's easy and quick to set up/tear down, can be transported around easily and is not rocking around.  Also depending upon the band I'll either be sitting or standing so needs to be changeable ( again easily and quickly).  Stage piano and another board will be used. Currently I have a 73key so not quite as long as a full state piano but may well get one in the future.

Guessing that's pretty much k&m,  spider pro or one of the flat ones ie 18953 etc but any specific recommendations would be appreciated.  Anything else??
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Ultimate Stands Apex Pro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2275
    octatonic said:
    Ultimate Stands Apex Pro.I'd seen t
    You can attach other bits n bobs to that? ie a tablet holder/music rest?
  • Don't buy cheap..  really… don't do it!

My big 88 key Fatar master keyboard collapsed a cheap X frame stand.  Ouch!! 
    Don't buy cheap..  really… don't do it!

My big 88 key Fatar master keyboard collapsed a cheap X frame stand.  Ouch!! 
    not planning on!

looking at the K&M spider pro or possibly the Ultimate Apex AX48
    went for the K&M omega 18820 + extension arms in the end.

Thought the spider was going to be too tall when sitting down or standing or just using the one board. 
  • Just not an x stand... 

I like k&m.   I have 2 spider pros (one is the baby).  I also have an 18820 with both 2nd and 3rd tiers.

The spiders are greatly very, quick and easy, very adjustable and quickly.  They do bounce, as all collum stands do.

18820 is home stand, currently without the 3rd tier.  Adding that limits the depth of the 2nd tier.  It's very solid... it does fold but it's not flat/elegant with the 2nd tier (and doesn't fold at all with 3rd).  It's only 1 bolt per arm to take off but I didn't like the idea of loosable bolts live (hence getting the spiders).

No stand is perfect.  ts about which compromises your happy to make 
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 35
    Hope you don't mind a mini-hijack with a possibly stupid question?  :)

Re the K&M omega 18820, can the keyboard rest directly on the stand itself or do you have to have the tabletop attachment to go with it?

Thanks
  • Can go directly on the stand.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 35
    Can go directly on the stand.  
    Awesome, thanks  :)
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 486
    The 18593 is great. I have a Rhodes sitting on mine. No issue at all. It’s the thinnest of table stands too. Actually, I’m looking for another one but I’ve never seen one used. Another good indication that.