Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Advice re Keyboard amp/ multi channel monitor. - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Advice re Keyboard amp/ multi channel monitor.

I am looking for a relatively compact, multi-input, good quality sounding speaker/monitor that won't break the bank.
It is purely for home use in restricted space that allows me to connect an Akai MPC One and guitar via a Line 6 Helix Stomp XL at reasonable/low volume that has an accurate sound. Don't want to use pair(s) of speakers and have been looking at various keyboard amps and Roland CM30 as a possible solution.
Can anyone comment on something suitable or recommend something they use in similar circumstances that delivers?
Many Thanks in anticipation.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 203
    Anyone ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I have a CM30. Never used it with a modeller, only a synth and with a 4 channel mixer as a mini PA speaker. Worked excellently and sounds good if you dont expect 1x10 cab levels of bass.

I have a CM30. Never used it with a modeller, only a synth and with a 4 channel mixer as a mini PA speaker. Worked excellently and sounds good if you dont expect 1x10 cab levels of bass.

Thanks. Always good to hear personal experience. Much appreciated.

• SvennnSvennn Frets: 136
    I use a Roland KC with my Pod GO for home volume
    9-42 thru 11-56 depending on my mood
    Svennn said:
    Which KC?
  • SvennnSvennn Frets: 136
    jimkehoe said:
    Svennn said:
    Which KC?
    Make me walk upstairs and look why don't you!!

It's a KC60 and I like it as for me it performs just as a monitor without colouring the amp/cab sims like my valve and solid state cabs do.
    9-42 thru 11-56 depending on my mood
    Svennn said:
    jimkehoe said:
    Svennn said:
    Which KC?
    Make me walk upstairs and look why don't you!!

It's a KC60 and I like it as for me it performs just as a monitor without colouring the amp/cab sims like my valve and solid state cabs do.
    Apologies for the cardio workout :) . Thanks very useful to know.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I have a pair of Presonus Eris 8s for my Helix. All is Good and Round. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    I have a pair of Presonus Eris 8s for my Helix. All is Good and Round. 
    Again useful -Thanks. Was hoping to get away with a single unit rather than a pair of speakers.
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 417
    edited November 2022
    I'm a big fan of the Turbosound Milan M10, I've used for foldback, PA, backline etc, very sweet even sound, quite heavy by modern standards but a great bit of kit. Oh and it handles bass synth and keys really well.
    JCA2550 said:
    I'm a big fan of the Turbosound Milan M10, I've used for foldback, PA, backline etc, very sweet even sound, quite heavy by modern standards but a great bit of kit.
    Thanks - Trying to avoid heavy !