Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Windows 11 - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Windows 11

What's Hot
is anybody using win11 for their music PC/Laptop yet?
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Yes it is really just a skin for Windows 10- there is nothing much different for audio.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yes I am. Works fine with reaper and plugins etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 808
    I'm having issues with an Ugritone drum VST, crashes Reaper when I try to load.
    Tech support at Ugritone say I should run Reaper as administrator, which I tried -no success.
    I suspect it is something security related, MS seem to be locking it all down harder than ever, while making it even more difficult to find the settings you need.
    I hate Windows, but the machine came with latest Win11 already installed, thought I'd give it another go ( Win 10 turned into a nightmare for me--constant updates that do not install, generating punishing heat, I'm sure it is designed to destroy older hardware)
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1767
    edited November 2022
    Been using it since it launched. No difference at all with Reaper.
  • Got two of my four windows music machines updated now..  zero issues.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Been thinking about this too.....if I update from Windows 10 to Windows 11....do I have to re-install my DAW ?
    Apologies for the Hijack ...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Been thinking about this too.....if I update from Windows 10 to Windows 11....do I have to re-install my DAW ?
    Apologies for the Hijack ...

Probably not.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 808
    After repeated contact with Ugritone, I got a refund.
    Deffo something weird going on, windows explorer searches showing no instance of either the VST or the Wavs, which are clearly visible in the places they should be.
    Either something naughty in the plugin installer, or overzealous windows security, haven't had the same issues with any other plugin, very strange, but Ugritone had a good go at suggesting a fix, so it appears not to be a simple refresh of Win10 after all, settings are all over the place.
    Typical Microsoft fuckery continues.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 595
    Not hugely other than Audacity works well on it and takes .wav files off SD smoothly. Media Player stores my tracks nicely prior to putting them onto SoundCloud. But no different to Windows 10 in truth. Windows 11 came on my new hp PC in June following old Lenovo having died from trying to update it to Windows 11, but I think it was dying before that.

I like Windows 11.
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    Thanks all. I have one laptop with it on I guess the others will ask for it soon.
    Don't touch that dial.