Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Helix Case recommendations - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Helix Case recommendations

What's Hot
So it looks like my son will be borrowing my Helix LT to use at college, so I'm going to need a case.

The official backpack looks great, but is out of budget really.  It's also a bit overkill as it'll just be used around once a week to get it to and from home on the bus.  It'll also need to be carried in addition to his guitar gig bag.

Any sub-£100 recommendations?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• The Novation 25 (?) backpack is/ was the one I used when I had my LT...probably not quite as sturdy as the official one, but £35. I used it extensively for gigging and it's not fallen apart yet
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've seen some people recommending Gator's pedalboard case https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gator-G-MULTIFX-2411-Lightweight-Multi-FX-Bag/dp/B003ELQ2IQ and also you see quite a lot of people using the Protection Racket bags - they do a dedicated LT softbag for less than £60, and a hardshelled version for £85 or so. The latter are both in stock at GAK.

I have the official backpack and it is great - sometimes you can pick them up used for about £100.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    The Novation 25 (?) backpack is/ was the one I used when I had my LT...probably not quite as sturdy as the official one, but £35. I used it extensively for gigging and it's not fallen apart yet
    ^ this is the one that a lot of people settled on back in early Helix days - there will be reports on them on TGP and/or L6 forum
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3376
    I've used one of these for years, originally bought in 2016 for my HD500 but used for my Helix for the last couple of years.  Less than £20.

Only problem is that next door's cat has taken to sleeping in it,

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited November 2022
    TimmyO said:
    The Novation 25 (?) backpack is/ was the one I used when I had my LT...probably not quite as sturdy as the official one, but £35. I used it extensively for gigging and it's not fallen apart yet
    ^ this is the one that a lot of people settled on back in early Helix days - there will be reports on them on TGP and/or L6 forum
    That's what I use for my Helix LT and can recommend it.

The reviews on the Andertons site (below) refer to them being used for the Helix LT.
    https://www.andertons.co.uk/keyboards-pianos/keyboard-bags-cases/novation-soft-carry-case-for-25-note-keyboards-in-black
    It's not a competition.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    another novation 25 backpack  user here. Its done me very well. 
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    The Novation looks ideal - can't find them in stock anywhere though - ugh.  Gear4Music says there's one, but then wants to charge me £30 for delivery to the UK from Ireland.

Thanks for the recommendations - I'll get digging.
  • There's one ebay....

I have two they are that good. Although I house my main Helix in a Diago pedal board.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    There's one ebay....
    Ta - found it but it's collection only the lazy fecker.
  • The official case is a bit pricey, but is lovely quality with loads of room
  • Bod said:
    There's one ebay....

yeah, have you asked about shipping? its a bag..  wrap it in a bin liner and take it to local shop with EVRI services... ??
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• There’s an official Helix backpack for sale on adverts.ie at the moment for EUR 90
  • I got a Gator mixer case off Amazon. I can’t remember the model but I measured it up and found one that fit. Cost me about £50 I think.
    Bod said:
    There's one ebay....

yeah, have you asked about shipping? its a bag..  wrap it in a bin liner and take it to local shop with EVRI services... ??
    He wanted 20 quid to post it, so I declined.  Amazingly, one popped up new at Anderton's so it's arriving tomorrow.  As always, thanks for your help folks!