Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Eventide H90- who's appetite is whetted? Who's interest is coloured? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Eventide H90- who's appetite is whetted? Who's interest is coloured?

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30192
edited November 2022 in FX

I am absolutely excited for this- if you can edit it without a pesky phone malarky thing

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I've been waiting for this to come out since I sold my dual H9 setup & recently sold my KoT so have pre-ordered. That there is also a univibe algo is massively exciting.

It's a shit ton of money but if people didn't make rash purchases then the used pedal market would be in a much sorrier state!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2172
    edited November 2022
    Very much so. It includes what sound like excellent new plate, flanger and phaser algorithms (which I think the H9 was lacking) taken from plugins, the 7 new algorithms (including a univibe) sound amazing, and the routing options look incredibly useful. New ARM processor as well, better fidelity... I’m sold so far, James.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    It looks cool but it probably isn't for me.
    I need more effects and I like having Vsig capability in the H9k.

If I was building a pedalboard then perhaps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• I like the idea of it, and I bet is sounds great, but I’d have to sell my HX Stomp XL and a few more pedals to fund, so would lose too much functionality.
  • Oooooft, the GAS is strong with this one…
  • Probably... for my sequenmtial synths.
  • keirkeir Frets: 132
    There are a couple of new videos on YouTube today - one from eventide showing the analogue delay which sounds REALLY good. It does the pitch shift thing that Thermae does too. 

There is also one where a guy runs through the factory presets (watched the 1st 20 mins so far) - it sounds insanely good. 

I mean it’s a lot of money and I don’t need one but……
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    Not something I would use, but it does lots of nice things. Be interesting to see how they develop it over the next few years, as they make some good stuff.
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

• keir said:
    There are a couple of new videos on YouTube today - one from eventide showing the analogue delay which sounds REALLY good. It does the pitch shift thing that Thermae does too. 

There is also one where a guy runs through the factory presets (watched the 1st 20 mins so far) - it sounds insanely good. 

I mean it’s a lot of money and I don’t need one but……
    Bouquet delay really does sound good. I wondered about the pitchshifting as well. From memory, can't remember whether you can only set one interval on the jump function or whether you can arpeggiate through, e.g. fifths and octaves.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    I’ve seen a few YouTube clips and was incredibly tempted. But it’s looking like it’s priced at £1100 in the Uk. Wowzers :#
  • boogieman said:
    I’ve seen a few YouTube clips and was incredibly tempted. But it’s looking like it’s priced at £1100 in the Uk. Wowzers :#
    £999 from Andertons. Mine arrives tomorrow. It's still wowzers though!

I've had a pair of H90s for years so am comfortable this is a right call for me. It's a lot of money for a regret purchase. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I’m very tempted by this too. I’ve just bought an LVX recently and while it really does sound great, you are literally building delays from the ground up, whereas I would like something that is a bit more baked which the H90 seems to be so I’m considering putting it up for sale and putting the money towards one of these. 

Eventide have already said this is only the beginning and that they are planning on adding new algorithms which adds to the value. 
    Good deals with: handsomerick, majorscale, gassage, sticker, smudge_lad, anglian, edinfield99, thewiddler, thomfripp, notonlybutalso, JDE, chebellanga
  • allenallen Frets: 545
    Two came into stock at andertons last week. and were sold within hours.
  • -Ed--Ed- Frets: 26
    The same happened at guitar guitar and then moments after selling one was for sale new on eBay with a. 30% uplift!

I'd preordered and it arrived a couple of days ago - I'm in the process of getting to know it. 

• i'm off to Florida in Jan & they are $899 over there so hoping I can pick one up at the guitar guitar!
    I did a video walkthrough of the delays in H90. I've also done some tutorial videos, but thought this one was most relevant for this thread.

Andertons delivery date has gone back another month but not had an email to say mine has been delayed yet, although I’m expecting one. 

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Any users thoughts ?
  • It’s a very good device - interface is easy and USB editor is handy. Annoying it doesn’t do Bluetooth yet and they won’t give a date but other than that it does modulation, pitch and reverb and delay well enough. It has great routing options so I have sep in and out in dual mode so I can have pitch effects before drives etc. 
    I’ve gone all in on mine as part of a big downsize, it covers a lot of bases like Dan says. 

I’m using the insert mode, the plan is to put an analogue delay and chorus in one insert and a drive in the other. 

The routing options for the 2 inserts and 2 algorithms is similar to what you can get with a G3 but obviously with less loops available. 

It’s really easy to move everything round to experiment too. 

Eventide have said they are planning on releasing new algorithms and already have released the Polyflex one which wasn’t available when it was originally released. Bluetooth connectivity to an app a la the H9 is also in the works but now out yet. It’s very easy to edit on the pedal itself, just not as cool / visual as being able to do it on your phone / iPad. 

For me, it’s got a bit of a learning curve - each algorithm has a lot of parameters meaning it can be dialled in to sound exactly as you want but also that you will need to dial it in. 

Check out the eventide YouTube videos where they give a little taster of the new algo’s,
    Leon Todd does some really good H90 ones. 

Also check out the recent dot9 pedal demos as these are all H90 algos -

Tricerachorus
    Ultratap
    Micropitch
    Blackhole 

Add all of those together then it’s actually not bad value. 

Can also be powered from one 12v output of a Cioks DC7
  • -Ed--Ed- Frets: 26
    I still have the H90 that I preordered. In terms of the USB editor and the sounds; it's excellent. I am a gear whore and flip a lot of gear, this one is going nowhere.

However, it is important to recognise eventide still has not delivered on their roadmap. The fact that we are a year in and still have no bluetooth is unacceptable. There's a real whiff of NDSP and QC about it. Very, very disappointing. 

If you like the H90, and what it does today, buy one. Ignore the marketing and their roadmap. It's meaningless.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    Mine arrived today...

Had about an hour and half with it... It must be me getting older, haven't got a fuckin scooby how it works. I couldn't even raise a preset of my own...

And. I never learn. I thought the H9s I tried sounded digital - this does too, imho.

Time to learn Waz :)
  • Gotta put a bit of time into it but other than the things that are meant to sound digital I think it’s hifi like Strymon but not sterile but that’s just my opinion!
    Mine arrived today...

Had about an hour and half with it... It must be me getting older, haven't got a fuckin scooby how it works. I couldn't even raise a preset of my own...

And. I never learn. I thought the H9s I tried sounded digital - this does too, imho.

Time to learn Waz :)
    Start with this
    https://youtu.be/nHPjbvIQznc

Then
    https://youtu.be/YDMfmiKtefQ

plenty of other introductory vids on my channel