Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender Rarities Flame Maple Top Stratocaster HSS Thinline Semi-Hollow Mahogany - Sold - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender Rarities Flame Maple Top Stratocaster HSS Thinline Semi-Hollow Mahogany - Sold

What's Hot
JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 30
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
RARITIES FLAME MAPLE TOP HSS STRATOCASTER THINLINE
(12/2019)
USA -- Rarities Collection (Limited Edition)

MODEL NUMBER: 176501833

BODY
Body Material: Mahogany with Flame Maple Top
Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
Body Shape: Semi-hollow Stratocaster
NECK
Neck Material: Solid Rosewood
Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
Neck Shape: Modern & "Deep C"
Scale Length: 25.5"; (648 mm)
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
Fingerboard Radius: 9.5” (241 mm)
Number of Frets: 22
Fret Size: Narrow Tall
Nut Material: Bone
Nut Width: 1.865” (42.8 mm)
Position Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dots, Narrow Spacing
Truss Rod: Bi-Flex
Skunk Stripe: Yes
HEADSTOCK
Type: Small
Logo: Large Whitish Spaghetti
Other Decals, front: None
Other Decals, back: None
ELECTRONICS
Bridge Pickup: Custom Double Tap Humbucking
Middle Pickup: Custom Shop '69 Strat Single-Coil Pickup, Staggered Poles
Neck Pickup: Custom Shop '69 Strat Single-Coil Pickup, Staggered Poles
Controls: Master Volume with S-1 Switch, Tone 1. (Neck, Mid), Tone 2. (Bridge)
Switching: 5-Position Blade
S-1 Switch on Volume Control Selects Rear Coil of Bridge Pickup
Configuration: HSS
HARDWARE
Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Tremolo Arm
Saddles: Vintage Style Bent Steel Saddles
Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast /Sealed Staggered
String Tree: Ezy Glider
Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment, 11 Holes (Config. Modern) (p/n 0056799000)
Control Knobs: Aged White
Switch Tip: Aged White
Tremolo Arm Tip: Aged White
Pickup covers: Aged White (Sigle Coil), Uncovered Zebra (Humbucker)
Neck Plate: 4-Bolt, "LIMITED EDITION", "CORONA, CALIFORNIA", Serial "LE"
COLORS
(833) Violin Burst
MISCELLANEOUS:
Strings: .009-.042
ACCESSORIES
Brown Hardshell Case
COMMENTS
Truss Rod Nut: 1/8"; American Series

FENDER SAYS
Combining exotic tonewoods with premium pickups and appointments, the limited-edition Rarities Collection creates a truly unique musical experience. 
The Rarities Flametop Stratocaster HSS Thinline features a mahogany body with a Violin Burst flame maple top and solid rosewood neck. The Custom Shop 69 single-coil pickups add a breathy, open note to the traditional Strat voice while the custom Double Tap bridge pickup offers both a sweet humbucking voice and - via an S-1 switch - dynamic single-coil sound.

I have added to this instrument's incredible versatility with the addition of a mini-switch, which allows for neck & bridge and all three pickup together combinations (also known as the 7-switch, or David Gilmour mod). I have done this modification to almost all my Strats. It is simple to do, reversable (just disconnect 2 wires and swap the pickguard), and enables some great extra sounds.

I have owned this since new (bought Aug 2020) and only played it at home (in a pet and smoke-free environment). It is in excellent condition, with zero fretwear, and the full Rosewood neck feels sublime. I'm only selling as I am thinning out my guitar collection, and I have a couple of other Strats which I have owned for many years and have a greater emotional attachment.

Fender Rarities Flame Maple Top Stratocaster HSS Thinline Semi-Hollow Mahogany
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Back for sale, and (sensible) offers welcome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Sounds lovely but you really do need better pictures!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Absolute peach of a strat!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Anyone?
  • Looks fantastic - bit PRS like? How does it sound? Any demos? 
  • Sorry no demos, but it sounds pretty much as you'd expect an HSS Strat to sound, with perhaps a bit more "airiness" from the semi-solid construction. Wonderfully light too. Anyone interesed is welcome to come & try it out.
  • I have to ask; does anyone ever buy anything on here, or just ask questions?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 705
    It's a fairly small market here, so higher priced guitars in particular tend to take a while to sell. Although I've noticed everything is quite slow at the moment. 

Worth trying eBay if you want a quicker sale. There are some offers on for the next three days - £1 final value fee, or 80% off final value fees.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    edited December 2022
    JamesDad said:
    I have to ask; does anyone ever buy anything on here, or just ask questions?
    I have bought loads on here, and sold loads too. I have nearly always asked questions before buying, and I’ve almost always been asked questions before selling. It’s part of the process, embrace it!   :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bubblecarbubblecar Frets: 58
    edited December 2022
    I’m trying to sell a couple on eBay it’s far worse trust me, I need scales, micrometer, carbon dating, you name it. This is a wonderful guitar if I wasn’t trying to thin the herd I’d be tempted 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Yes things do sell on here but much slower of late in tune with the pre Xmas thrift and general flavour of commerce around the world at the moment.
    It used to be very lively but the pace is noticeably slower in General.
    Guitars /pedals seem to tick over but amps come here to die at the moment.
    There are some very active buyers /sellers on here but ,of late ,a lot of inaction but a million questions.
    As my clothes shop owning friend used to say " Come on , Are you buying or Spying ? "
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 303
    JamesDad said:
    I have to ask; does anyone ever buy anything on here, or just ask questions?
    The market right now is incredibly slow, not only the cost of living has gone up but the general uncertainty about everything makes people think twice before buying anything plus the market in general is saturated.

I've seen bargains on Facebook Marketplace sitting for weeks (Some of them are still there), super tricky right now.

Also if I was about to drop almost 2k for a guitar, I would ask everything even how it smells, if you don't answer the question or do it in a way that shows you are irritated by the question (Yep not all HSS sound the same) then people will lose interest. 

Cheers and good luck with the sale!
  • Still available, and I can ship in time for Christmas
  • JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 30
    edited May 2023
    Re-listed and open to (sensible) offers.

Might also be interested in a part-exchange on a Patrick James Eggle 96 (HH version, as I have a nice HSS already)
    Any interest?
    Price drop to £1750
    Still available, and open to reasonable offers.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Come on dude, if you want people to take you advert seriously, you need to post up a whole bunch of photos of tbe guitar so a potential buyer can really see what the instrument is like. Just posting a tiny pixilated single piccie is pointless.
    If I'm looking to spend that sort of money on a guitar, I really want see close ups and high quality pics of all facets of the beast.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    edited September 2023
    Had to move pictures
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pruddprudd Frets: 593
    Lovely looking guitar with great specs, I wish I was in a position to make an offer.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Now we're talking!  :)
    That's one beautiful instrument.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    Now I just need a buyer  =)
    Price drop to £1700.
    and this one is still here