Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How To - Your First Partscaster - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

How To - Your First Partscaster

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Warmoth are excellent. Guitarbuild are supposed to be great, too. There is a member on here who I was going to commission for a beautiful prs or les paul alike, but sadly my funds fell through and cuts means my hours are still reduced. Can't remember his name, but as soon as I've got some spare cash, I'm messaging him!

Oh, don't always go for original hardware. I'm not saying go for the cheapest around, but gotoh will often be affordable and is excellent. Just make sure you check dimensions, particularly tele bridges! Fender have some oddballs.

Er... Oh, factor in extra cash for a fret dress and set up. I didn't and my jazzmaster is playable but not wonderful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    fnpt said:
    Well, here's a video which shows how NOT do it from someone who doesn't have a clue :P Wrong match between body and neck, mismacht between gold and chrome hardware, not a clue about installing stagered tunners, etc. but yet with a very annoying I Know It All and condescendent attitude
    What an annoying, supercilious, condescending, incompetent knob-cheese that chap is. Probably works in local government ...  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1669
    fnpt said:
    Well, here's a video which shows how NOT do it from someone who doesn't have a clue :P Wrong match between body and neck, mismacht between gold and chrome hardware, not a clue about installing stagered tunners, etc. but yet with a very annoying I Know It All and condescendent attitude
    What an annoying, supercilious, condescending, incompetent knob-cheese that chap is. Probably works in local government ...  
    I didn't like to say it, but yes! He doesn't understand how shielding works, if you watch the one where he makes a blue strat. His method is line the cavities with foil, and that's it, no need to connect anything to earth...  :D
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    A mate of mine who's a copper reckons there should be an offense of 'being a twat with intent' ... I rather think this guy would get banged up.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1669
    A mate of mine who's a copper reckons there should be an offense of 'being a twat with intent' ... I rather think this guy would get banged up.
    He certainly fits the criteria!
  • fnpt said:
    Wrong match between body and neck, 
    I think the neck was probably okay but he misunderstood where he should be measuring to.