Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PSA: Boss WAZA Air - £239.10 at Amazon - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PSA: Boss WAZA Air - £239.10 at Amazon

What's Hot
I have these and they are a great practice tool. 

Seems a good price if you’re happy to deal with Amazon. 

Deal: BOSS Waza-Air Wireless Personal Guitar Amplification System https://amzn.eu/d/24n4ty4

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    Wow that is a good price 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Rich31k ; Thanks for posting this. Looked at them before but decided that I couldn't justify the cost but the deal price was the decider. Duly ordered and will get them tomorrow
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    love mine! that's a great price
  • I've looked everywhere but am no wiser. Do these have a microphone so that they can be used for bluetooth calls?
  • wow thats a deal!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I've looked everywhere but am no wiser. Do these have a microphone so that they can be used for bluetooth calls?
    The first review at Amazon says "Bluetooth operation on Android is dreadful and unreliable. Fine on iPhone." 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Sporky said:
    I've looked everywhere but am no wiser. Do these have a microphone so that they can be used for bluetooth calls?
    The first review at Amazon says "Bluetooth operation on Android is dreadful and unreliable. Fine on iPhone." 
    Thats what Ive seen - works well on my iphone, Sons android wont connect.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Sporky said:
    @mrkb can you use it to make a telephone call?
    mrkb said:
    Sporky said:
    @mrkb can you use it to make a telephone call?
    The iphone - yes you can ;)

If you mean can you use the Boss Wazas with the phone to make a call - no as the headphones dont have a mic built in. You might be able to use phone mic with headphones for audio, but i havent tried and youd look weird.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I think I'm more likely to get this to use with my iPad 

IK Multimedia iRig HD 2 - Interface for Guitar, 96 kHz with 24-bit A/D Conversion, Outstanding Audio Quality, Compact, Professional Sound, FX and Thru Adjustment https://amzn.eu/d/hDmTmHD

Since I already have headphones

Is there any benefit to the proprietary Waza cans?

Doesn't look like either work with Android. My phone is a bit manic anyway with work notifications
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    The Waza Air is brilliant.
  • MarchMarch Frets: 256
    edited October 2022
    I had a pair and sent them back. I had no issue with the headphones, or the tones available, but the app connectivity with Android was abysmal, I found myself constantly having to re-pair the headphones to the app or reinstall and it quickly drove me to distraction as simple refinements could not be made easily. 

However, at that price and now that I have an iPad, I may revisit.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1625
    I had a pair and they were great. Then I spilt a drink on them. They became the polar opposite of great. Not their fault but a costly slip.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    ennspek said:
    I had a pair and they were great. Then I spilt a drink on them. They became the polar opposite of great. Not their fault but a costly slip.
    Oh my god
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 214
    March said:
    I had a pair and sent them back. I had no issue with the headphones, or the tones available, but the app connectivity with Android was abysmal, I found myself constantly having to re-pair the headphones to the app or reinstall and it quickly drove me to distraction as simple refinements could not be made easily. 

I found the same but I got hold of an iphone 7 just to use the app, worked great (the phone cost 20 quid as the screen was cracked, not enough to stop me using it). Boss werent really interested in why it doesnt work well with Android mostly blaming the Android Bluetooth variances across brands, I was using a Sony phone (and a samsung prior to that) so i'm not sure its entirely Android to blame (i'd understand if I  had a no name chinese knock off)
  • Thanks @mrkb, a bit of a novelty for me then. Shame no mic built in otherwise would have been a versatile piece of kit. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    Big fan of mine, they’re a great practice tool.
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 1583
    I picked a pair up, thanks for the tip off OP. I like them, sounds better than the Mustang I haven’t used for about 6 months. I think I’ll be getting a lot of use from them.

Only real annoyance is having to reconnect the Bluetooth between streaming backing tracks and fiddling the amp settings, makes it clunky when you just want to make a small tweak on the fly. Unless I’ve missed something obvious?
    elstoof said:
    I picked a pair up, thanks for the tip off OP. I like them, sounds better than the Mustang I haven’t used for about 6 months. I think I’ll be getting a lot of use from them.

Only real annoyance is having to reconnect the Bluetooth between streaming backing tracks and fiddling the amp settings, makes it clunky when you just want to make a small tweak on the fly. Unless I’ve missed something obvious?
    I don’t have to do that! You need to connect Bluetooth control and Bluetooth audio separately using different methods - it’s documented in the manual
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I did connect the audio separately but it seemed to boot off the midi control connection on my iPhone. Will have another look into it now you’ve confirmed it shouldn’t  :)
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    elstoof said:
    I did connect the audio separately but it seemed to boot off the midi control connection on my iPhone. Will have another look into it now you’ve confirmed it shouldn’t  :)
    Yeah I had the same issue but managed to fix it eventually and works perfectly now. Great piece of kit, thanks for the PSA.
    edited October 2022
    As far as I can recall you connect the Bluetooth control via the BTS app as documented here (not through phone Bluetooth menu)

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/WAZA-AIR_BTS_iOS_eng01_W.pdf

and the Bluetooth audio from the phones Bluetooth menu as documented in the WAZA air manual 

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/WAZA-AIR_eng04_W.pdf
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2022
    Yep, tomajoha said:
    elstoof said:
    I did connect the audio separately but it seemed to boot off the midi control connection on my iPhone. Will have another look into it now you’ve confirmed it shouldn’t 
    Yeah I had the same issue but managed to fix it eventually and works perfectly now. Great piece of kit, thanks for the PSA.
    Yep, turns out I was just being a twat. Think it booted the amp connection first time because I had to synch a new connection for the audio. Works perfectly and I’m a happy punter, thanks for the help folks. Playing it right now in fact!

has anyone updated the firmware to 1.2, is it worth the faff?
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 705
    elstoof said:
    Yep, tomajoha said:
    elstoof said:
    I did connect the audio separately but it seemed to boot off the midi control connection on my iPhone. Will have another look into it now you’ve confirmed it shouldn’t 
    Yep, turns out I was just being a twat. Think it booted the amp connection first time because I had to synch a new connection for the audio. Works perfectly and I’m a happy punter, thanks for the help folks. Playing it right now in fact!

I haven’t, but it is supposed to fix a bug with the gyro drifting if you move your head while using it
    Rich31k said:
    elstoof said:
    Yep, tomajoha said:
    elstoof said:

I haven’t, but it is supposed to fix a bug with the gyro drifting if you move your head while using it
    It doesn’t fix the gyro drift, it just adds an option to turn it off in some of the configurations. The hardware setup means there will always be drift unfortunately.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 705
    mrkb said:
    Rich31k said:
    elstoof said:
    Yep, tomajoha said:
    elstoof said:

It doesn’t fix the gyro drift, it just adds an option to turn it off in some of the configurations. The hardware setup means there will always be drift unfortunately.
    Good to know I’m not missing much. I’ve not been able to get them to show up when plugged into my PC yet
  • MarchMarch Frets: 256
    spev11 said:
    March said:

I found the same but I got hold of an iphone 7 just to use the app, worked great (the phone cost 20 quid as the screen was cracked, not enough to stop me using it). Boss werent really interested in why it doesnt work well with Android mostly blaming the Android Bluetooth variances across brands, I was using a Sony phone (and a samsung prior to that) so i'm not sure its entirely Android to blame (i'd understand if I  had a no name chinese knock off)
    Well, I took the plunge and can confirm that the Bluetooth connection is definitely more stable on the Apple device. 

I've heard on Android that having location switched on affects the connectivity, but previously I tried everything to get the connection to be more stable before giving up, and this was with a Samsung S20 phone. 

Anyway, I now have a decent enough late-night practice tool which is what I wanted. 
    edited November 2022
    Another Boss practice tool here, £100 down from £240 ish or so they say. Pocket GT
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter