Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Another easy pop song transcription exercise - Theory Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Another easy pop song transcription exercise

allenallen Frets: 545
Here's the Lightning Seeds - Change

This one took me ten minutes - although I kind of skipped the funny bit (middle 8?) in the middle. Lately I've been transcribing at full speed of the song (I allow myself to pause and rewind to the beginning, but no looping of sections). I'm trying to do this to challenge myself to get better.

Have a go yourself before you read my analysis.

Intro - easy: F - C

Verse - a bit trickier because the C major turns into a C major 7. Took me a while to find it as was looking around for various minors (thought it would be the relative minor) until I listened with an open mind and heard the major 7 sound. I hear the riff in each line of the verse as Dm/C/G - or even D/C/G. The tab on the internet says Dm7, which I can believe, but can't really hear.

Bridge - G and C with a G7 on the last line. Still took me a few minutes to get. Doh!

Chorus - Dm and F back and forth. Was pretty easy after tuning into the sounds in the rest of the song.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter