Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Dame Angela Lansbury - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Dame Angela Lansbury

What's Hot
Film and television actress. Five days short of her ninety seventh birthday. 
Be seeing you.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Always thought she was American, born in the UK to a middle class family

R.I.P
    “Ken sent me.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Sad news. RIP Mrs. Potts.. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Film and television actress. Five days short of her ninety seventh birthday. 
    Oh no I used to think murder she wrote et was dire as a teen but got hooked on it in my 30s 
    can’t believe she’d reached 97 , imagined she was still out there looking the same 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    That is sad.  Unfortunately the Cabot Cove police department are now going to be floundering around like buffoons without a clue how to go about solving crimes.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Bedknobs and Broomsticks was one of my favourite films ......that and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
  • westwest Frets: 974
    Dominic said:
    Bedknobs and Broomsticks was one of my favourite films ......that and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

mine too .... rip ...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Ahhhh, sad news. What a wonderful actress, 46 major award nominations, 12 wins out of those.

She has always had a special place in my heart after seeing Bedknobs and Broomsticks in the cinema as a kid. It's a flawed film but I still love it. Even now, I get a strange thrill watching the scene where the magic actually works and the clothes start to move. She was superb in the film. 

Also, she was loved by Americans. Murder she wrote was phenomenally successful, and helped her amass a fortune of £100m

As well as being a film and TV actress, she also had great success in the theatre. Back in 66 The New York Times stated "Miss Lansbury is a singing-dancing actress, not a singer or dancer who also acts."

RIP Angela.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    edited October 2022
    An amazing career, starting with Gaslight, National Velvet and The Picture of Dorian Gray. She must have had the best stories. RIP.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Cannot discount her awesome performance in the Manchurian Candidate. Murder She Wrote is not just a fun watch but did its bit to promote the image of the energetic over 60s which is now absolutely the norm. RIP.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Always thought she was American, born in the UK to a middle class family

R.I.P
    She lived in Eire later on so her kids would grow up away from the toxicity of Hollywood and she had an Irish passport. 

I’m not overly familiar with her work but there are so many stories of her kindness today, she seems to have been a lovely person as well as gifted actor. RIP.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • About 10/11 years ago she was appearing in Blythe Spirit in the West end.  Wife and I went to see it just for her, she was utterly brilliant.  

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    I was in the same year as her niece at senior school. She told us her aunt Angela was a lovely woman. RIP