Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I don't think I see pictures hosted on tFB? - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I don't think I see pictures hosted on tFB?

What's Hot
I'm beginning to think I can't see pictures when they are hosted on tFB. For example, on this thread

FS:MJW Roadstar 18 combo £450 - Amps £ Discussions on theFretBoard

I think there may be pictures uploaded, but I can't see them (difficult to tell for sure as I can't see them!). It's happened on a few other threads and is the same on mobile and desktop (both using Edge and Chrome). 

Any ideas?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited October 2022
    Yes there are photos in that post.
    Can you see this?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1896
    mrkb said:
    Can you see this?

Hi Mark, No picture for me :-(
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 270
    I am not familiar with either Edge or Chrome but are you able to check whether either or both apps can save bandwidth by turning off remote images; you may need to turn them on.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Lodious said:
    mrkb said:
    Can you see this?

Hi Mark, No picture for me :-(
    Ok, that was a picture i hosted on the forum - very weird. I assume you get pictures hosted from imgur, etc?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I can now see the images on my mobile, but I’m on 4G, not Wi-Fi, so maybe something related to my internet?
  • I had a similar problem a while back when trying to view images at my Dad's - I think it was somenting to do with the ageing O2 router he was using at the time.  Like you, it was fine using 4G.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks for your help guys. I'm back home now and images have disappeared from my mobile, so def. somthing internet / router related!

• I know exactly what the issue is - I'm working to rectify it. Basically, some routers' internal DNS servers don't support the form of the domain name used by the service that hosts the images.

You can fix it by changing the DNS servers on your devices (under IP address configuration) to "8.8.8.8" and "8.8.4.4" (fair warning, these are Google's DNS servers).

I'm trying to sort a more permanent, global fix for it. Will be either this weekend or next.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks for the explanation DS :-)
  • FYI, I obviously didn't get this done - there's an issue with SSL certificates that's a bit messed up and weird. I'll try to get it sorted over the Christmas break.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter