Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). IK Multimedia TONEX Capture - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

IK Multimedia TONEX Capture

Just seen these come on the market. As a long time Kemper user, I'm definitely intrigued. 

What are your thoughts and has anyone had the chance to try one yet? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 339
    It's obviously very early days but it seems ok so far. It sounded better than their modelling stuff but not as good as my Kemper.

You can try it for free yourself, just install their software manager.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Johnny333Johnny333 Frets: 159
    susbemol said:
    It's obviously very early days but it seems ok so far. It sounded better than their modelling stuff but not as good as my Kemper.

You can try it for free yourself, just install their software manager.
    Thanks, didn't realise I could do this! Just had a go and some great sounds for sure. Particularly liked the JMP model with SD-1 called 'Admiral'. 
  • Think I’m going to jump in with both feet on this. Demoed it last night and the 1/2 hour demo of the Dumble flew by which was a good sign. Best Plexi model I’ve heard out the box too. Looks great value packaged with the Axe I/O and Amplitude 5 too. Can’t afford Kemper/QC money so this is massively tempting 
  • I'm finding their website very hard to work out what's included with the various versions. Am I right in thinking that the version that's on offer for black Friday at €149.99 instead of €249.99 (which is just called Tonex, not the Tonex SE which is normally €149.99) does not include the re-amp box thing called Tonex Capture?

Whereas for £199.99 at GuitarGuitar you could have Tonex SE + Tonex Capture hardware for £199.99?

If i have an interface with two inputs and an output, presumably I could just use that by itself, ie interface output to amp/pedal then back to input of interface? Assuming there's a line out of course
  • Agree the website is poor. The product manager is worrying too. Kept getting communication error while trying to activate the trial last night. 

Using the FX in Amplitude 5 and the models from ToneX gets me excited. In which case the package with the Axe I/O seems very good value. I think you’re correct though, any interface with 2 ins and 1 line out could be used for captures. But you’re pretty much getting Axe I/O for free if you buy Tonex Max and Amplitude Max
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 885
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 270
    A ToneX pedal is about to be released whereby you can take your patches with you on the road.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQpyeoIkWQk
  • Whistler said:
    A ToneX pedal is about to be released whereby you can take your patches with you on the road.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQpyeoIkWQk
    A thread has been started on this very subject:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/3502759/#Comment_3502759
  • Can I check, is this also useable as an attenuator/DI? I'm not interested in capturing my rig or using any software, but I'm interested in attenuating my Bassman and running the signal (with no cab emulation) into a mixer for a wet/dry rig.