Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Loretta Lynn RIP - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Loretta Lynn RIP

What's Hot
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63134852

The Queen of Country Loretta Lynn has passed away in her sleep in Nashville, aged 90.

Such a great classic country singer and songwriter, from the old school but with the longevity to carry on recording right into her 80s. She had a big tribute show a few years back where she got to enjoy it while she was still able to I guess.

A feminist and brilliant lyricist, she was a great in the genre and a great performer.

Rest in Peace, Loretta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    I just heard this too.
    I'm not a huge C&W fan as such, but Loretta Lynn was Country personified.
    Incredibly strong woman with a huge heart & a fabulous distinctive voice.
    RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    I just read that on the beeb - it's a hell of a story!

RIP.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2124
    She was one of the greats, easily up there with people like George Jones, Merle Haggard and Dolly Parton. Not only a fantastic singer but also a brilliant songwriter.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Here's a few of my favourites, not necessarily her best but the ones that always strike me the most

Rated X. Great commentary on divorce for women

Woman's Prison - Perfect story telling. For love I killed my darlin, and for love I'll lose my life

And the classic - Coal Miner's Daughter
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Sad news. Proper legend! RIP
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    A proper icon.  She and Dolly were/are proper country music queens.

I'll try and find a clip of her that I'm very fond of.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 612
    Just in case anyone's interested ... Whispering Bob's Country Hour tonight will feature a special tribute to Loretta Lynn.

It'll therefore be available on BBC Sounds for some time after.
  • stufisher said:
    Just in case anyone's interested ... Whispering Bob's Country Hour tonight will feature a special tribute to Loretta Lynn.

It'll therefore be available on BBC Sounds for some time after.
    Thank you for the heads up, definitely will give that a listen