Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sheets of Sound For Guitar - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sheets of Sound For Guitar

What's Hot

Heya 

has anyone here studied Sheets of Sound For Guitar By Jack Zuker

I am currently studying Sheets of Sound For Guitar Book 1.

Has anyone here studied his Sheets of Sound For Guitar Book 2 and also his legato Book 1 and Book 2 series

cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    I've got them, nicked a few of the picking ideas but found them a bit boring. I like that they're spiral bound though.
    I got them at the same time as the Gustavo Assis Brasil hybrid picking book and got really in to that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've got a copy I should probably move on...collected a bunch of books then realised that you really do have to spend the time reading them ;)

If anyone is interested, drop me line.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Just thought I'd let you know my wife hates you for reminding me about this book, and the endless arpeggios she's heard since.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • adaminoadamino Frets: 125
    DefaultM said:
    Just thought I'd let you know my wife hates you for reminding me about this book, and the endless arpeggios she's heard since.
    I am starting to hate myself too =) .I'm going through all the series and its driving me up the wall however I know it will be very rewarding at the end of the day.Boring but worth it.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 598
    I got a book but then heard his playing and wasn't keen on it at all so I haven't really used the book 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 414
    The guy is supposed to be a first class prick from many people in the industry I know. No idea about the book though it could be really good! Just a drive-by comment. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wizbit81 said:
    The guy is supposed to be a first class prick from many people in the industry I know. No idea about the book though it could be really good! Just a drive-by comment. 
    He is (or used to be) a regular on the jazz guitar forum, although I believe he’s been kicked off/and or left in the huff more than once after temper tantrums. First class prick is probably a fair description.

He seems to be one of those guys with a highly exaggerated sense of hierarchy. Which involves extreme reverence for the tiny percentage of players he considers his betters and little or no respect for players he thinks are inferior. And given that he’s undoubtedly very knowledgeable and a very good technician, that includes almost everybody.

Which isn’t to say that his book won’t be useful for some players.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 598
    wizbit81 said:
    He is a first class prick ...IV been on the recieving end ....he has a very high opinion of himself as a player that isn't really justified when you look at a lot of the talent about ...
    Barney said:
    I got a book but then heard his playing and wasn't keen on it at all so I haven't really used the book 
    Well this is the thing, he's written the material and the way he uses it is pretty boring, but the mechanics themselves are cool. No way would I play most of these licks as they are, but when I'm improvising bits of the picking patterns will come out.
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 724
    He has his own Face book Jazz Guitar site, Sheets of Sound book one is good for beginners to intermediates. Lots of scales, licks, Picking techniques etc.

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    I think I did almost the whole of book 2, but not book 1. Book 2 is very, very slim compared to book 1, though.