Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Coolio - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Just seen this. Too young :'(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    I'm only really familiar with Gangsta's Paradise, but he was a very talented man by all accounts. 59 is no age at all.

RIP

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • He did at least live to see 24 but 59 is no real age at all.

RIP fella
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Over 1 billion views in five years

• Very sad, RIP big man. What’s going on, so many are dying between say 50 to 60’ish. I know past and present lifestyle choices are mostly to blame, but at least the likes of Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Oliver Reed, etc, who all hammered it lasted quite a bit longer.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Always loved gangstas paradise, but don’t know a lot else, by him, I’m afraid.. somewhat embarrassingly, I used to be prone to saying ‘coolio’ in place of ‘cool’ which is embarrassing enough - but I was a lot younger, then..
    anyways, sad news, and way too young.. RIP
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Gone to the Gangsta's Paradise poor chap...........he came across very well in his second career as a chef
  • Only know him for that track, but what a track. Defined a whole year. RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I know someone who worked with him a few times. Says he was very down to earth and kept in touch afterwards, they would talk on the phone sometimes. He had a British partner so was living over here for a while. Sounds like he was a good guy. Very sad
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Zoolooter said:

What’s going on, so many are dying between say 50 to 60’ish. I know past and present lifestyle choices are mostly to blame, but at least the likes of Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Oliver Reed, etc, who all hammered it lasted quite a bit longer.
    Richard Burton was only 58, Oliver Reed was 61. Richard Harris was 72, not that old really. It’s sad that Reed is now remembered mostly for his drinking, he was a good actor too.

Sorry, slight thread diversion.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    roberty said:
    I know someone who worked with him a few times. Says he was very down to earth and kept in touch afterwards, they would talk on the phone sometimes. He had a British partner so was living over here for a while. Sounds like he was a good guy. Very sad
    Case in point
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3380
    edited September 2022
    He also did the voice of Kwanzaa bot in Futurama, recorded some parts for the new series before he died. 

RIP Coolio, seems like he was a good guy too.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6730
    Shame. Again, only really knew Gangsta’s Paradise but, there are a few metal bands that covered it, one of which is my alarm tone so I hear the track every morning. 

Rest in peace bud.
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • the_jaffa said:
    He did at least live to see 24 but 59 is no real age at all.

RIP fella
    Joking aside only about a fortnight ago I was noting the passage of time and pointed out to a friend of mine "remember when Coolio was unsure if he'd make it to 24? he's almost 60 now...". Sad coincidence :(  
    He also did the voice of Kwanzaa bot in Futurama, recorded some parts for the new series before he died. 

RIP Coolio, seems like he was a good guy too.
    Didn't know this :'( 
    Mashups that no one asked for pt. 204953

I like this turning of forced collective grief on its head tho