Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Poopot's Cover Challenge #20 - G - Voting - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Poopot's Cover Challenge #20 - G - Voting

It's time to vote on the letter G for Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

you can hear all the tracks in the playlist:

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/poopots-cover-challenge-g

All that is required is to pick your top three and post them in the thread below.

Points are awarded as follows - 5 points for first place, 3 points for second place and 1 point for third place.

There is a bonus 5 points for covering the specified track

Entrants obviously aren't allowed to vote for themselves. Voting closes at 11.30pm on  Friday 30th September 2022

The entry with the most points gets to pick the next song to be covered. In the event of a tie for first place then all those tied will choose a song.

ALL ENTRANTS PLEASE HAVE YOUR IDEAS READY FOR THE NEXT CHALLENGE. YOU WILL HAVE ONLY 48HRS AFTER VOTING CLOSES TO MESSAGE ME WITH YOUR SONG CHOICE. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO THEN I'LL END UP CHOOSING IT FOR YOU! 

Good luck 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• fnptfnpt Frets: 698
    5 points @2003amxl ;
    3 points @IMC1980 ;
    1 point @horse ;
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    Really impressive across the board. I'm going to vote:

5 points @2003amxl - creative idea, talented playing and exuberant
    3 points @flying_pie - v clever
    1 point - @Bezzer (goodbye..) - I didn't know the track, but when it started I thought "has someone covered the Afghan Whigs?" then I heard the lanegan vocals, which I'd love to be able to get near myself - great job
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 135
    edited September 2022
    My votes go to:

5 points - @Bezzer (Goodbye...) I haven't heard the original, but this is a stunning performance and some earth shaking vocals. Great job!
    3 points - @horse - Really enjoyed this version and it suits my current mood.
    1 Point - @flying_pie - absolutely mental and very creative.
  • 5 points : @2003amxl ; : Great mashup of tunes. Superb playing. You've got that rapid EJ pentatonic picking off to a tee. Bastard :)

3 points : @IMC1980 ; : Good rock take on the original

1 point : @horse ; : Atmospheric moody cover
    It's not a competition.
  • 5pts - @flying_pie ;
    3pts - @horse ;
    1pt - @fnpt ;
  • 5pts - @flying_pie ;
    3pts - @stratman3142 ;
    1pt - @IMC1980 ;

• Reminder that voting closes tomorrow night (or more likely when I get up on Saturday morning)
  • 5 points @2003amxl ; for an outstanding effort. I assume you recorded it with a matching band jacket and the right type of batteries in your pedals to get your full EJ on

3 points @IMC1980 for another great rock take. The Axl high vocal was very impressive

1 point @Habanero ; I love this. The vocal works really well and I loved the post-punk guitar track

Sorry to the rest of you. I honestly could have put anyone in the top 3. ii would no doubt be a different list on a different day with different wine. It's a great playlist
  • 5 points @2003amxl ;
    3 points @flying_pie ;
    1 point @horse ;
  • 5 points @stratman3142 ;
     3 points @IMC1980 ;
     1 point @2003amxl ;
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 572
    Sorry late to this, been insane of late.  All really good this month, not one I didn't enjoy listening to.

5 @IMC1980 ; - Mainly for the breakdown, can't lie, and a cracking solo too
    3 @flying_pie - mad genius
    1 @2003amxl - just nailed the style, so impressed.

Would absolutely change tomorrow ... but that's my tired little brains choices tonight.
  • 5 points @flying_pie ;
    3 points @horse ;
    1 point @IMC1980 ;
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1767
    Voting closed