Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Songwriter Thread - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Songwriter Thread

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I must add 2 Swedish Blokes who have most likely been overlooked.

Benny and Bjorn.

You might not have admitted it when you were young and hip, but lots of ABBA songs are pure class.

And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

I must add 2 Swedish Blokes who have most likely been overlooked. 

Benny and Bjorn.

You might not have admitted it when you were young and hip, but lots of ABBA songs are pure class.

I've loved them since I was 8, and I've always been happy to admit it :).

In my opinion some of the greatest pop songwriters ever - but they've quite rarely written for other artists or even been covered.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBM said:

I must add 2 Swedish Blokes who have most likely been overlooked. 

Benny and Bjorn.

I've loved them since I was 8, and I've always been happy to admit it :).

In my opinion some of the greatest pop songwriters ever - but they've quite rarely written for other artists or even been covered.

Agreed, they write great songs. The only song for another artist that springs to mind is "One Night In Bangkok" by Murray Head.

I'm sure there are many more though.

And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • Sly Stones "Thank You (Falettin Bemice Elf Agin)" has been covered by a lot of people, including Magazine.  Stevie Wonder also wrote some good ones, "Superstition",  RHCP and Stevie Ray Vaughan covered it.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    The only song for another artist that springs to mind is "One Night In Bangkok" by Murray Head.
    I'd totally forgotten that, off to download it now! Thanks :D.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• Here's an embarrassing one, but i quite enjoy Neil Sedaka. The variety that guy could get with just piano chords, a voice and a fair bit of cheese always fascinated me
  • +1 for Carole King

but also: James Taylor
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself