Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How can I ask a mod about a deleted thread? - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

How can I ask a mod about a deleted thread?

As per title. A thread of mine was deleted some time ago.
I'd like to know the reason why.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @BigPaulie , the reason for your deleted thread will be in the Help & Feedback section, under Admin / Mod Interventions.  The madmins do not delete stuff without advising people, those days have long gone, as has the perpetrator. ;)
  • I looked there, but couldn't see anything. It would've been early-mid July.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    What was the thread about? We don't normally delete threads, but we sometimes merge them, particularly Tributes.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 733
    edited September 2022
    The thread was titled along the lines of "Do Gibson guitars stay in tune?"

It was intended as a light hearted parody of this one:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/230804/do-fender-guitars-stay-in-tune/

I received several notifications that people had responded, then it vanished. I'd wondered if it had become controversial and was removed. There isn't even any record of it having existed in my "discussions" or "comments".
  • I can still see the notifications that people replied on 6th July, but when I click on them I get a "page not found" error.

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/3317341#Comment_3317341
  • It’s been moved to Parody.

You don’t seem to have access to that subforum for a quirky reason I’ll try to fix
  • Done. You should be able to access it now. 
  • Ah, perfect!

Thank you kindly.
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2239
    It’s been moved to Parody.

You don’t seem to have access to that subforum for a quirky reason I’ll try to fix
    Are all threads about Gibson guitars going to be moved to the Parody section in future?

TBH, I can see where you are coming from...